See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We booked a family room. There were 6 of us traveling, my husband, my four grown children and myself. The room consisted of two twin beds, a double Murphy bed, a bathroom, and a Twin/Full bunk bed. The location is great and that is where it ends. None of the pictures on here show how run down, old and worn it is. We were staying on the 6th floor and the elevator only worked sometimes. The clerk told us to go up to the 2nd floor to call it. That worked once. When we were leaving with all our luggage we put it on the elevator and then I walked down and pushed the button on the next floor to get it to move. It only went to the 2nd floor and then we had to carry from there. We did do a lot of laughing each day about the place.
Oh and the street noise was unbelievable. We all took Tylenol PM to go to sleep. It was a last minute reservation but we definitely would not go back or recommend unless you are under 21 and maybe but even then.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank RAQL3
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation the same day and came right from the airport. When arriving thr guy behind the desk did not even say hallo and didn't seem to want to help me. I first thought I had gone to the wrong place. He seemed very condescending and did not seem to vant to help me to check in. I cancelled my stay here because of him and I will never recommend anyone to go there.

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank Anne K
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Locates at Post Street,near union square,just one block away.Opposite the road,there is a supermarket,easy to grab food and drinks.

But the hotel is old ,the staff are not nice at all,not rude,just not welcoming.

The facilities should be renovated,very dark and the air circulation are not good inside.Compared with the price,could have other choices.

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

I have booked a single room with private bathroom at the Adelaide hotel for 200$ per night. Good rating , small street (not noisy) , Perfectly located BUT
My room was at the Dakota !

J'ai reservé à l'hotel Adelaide mais ma chambre etait situee au Dakota et là , cela n'a rien à voir !

At the corner of two main streets , very noisy.
The old building could have been a charming one (One century old, bow windows..) but it wasn't. Everything is poor in this hotel.
And the staff is not helpfull and nice. (Unusual in America !)

It's forbidden to have anybody for a visit in your room (jail style ??) .

I won't experience this place anymore.
Ne pas sejourner ici.

Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank 23pascalf
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Very well located in SF. Near the BART station (Powell st )when you arrive from the airport (7 mn walk), near Union square, china town, car rental, market st, tramway...
Friendly and young employees.
Typical hotel from old SF: safety staircases outside the building, old elevator with 2 manual doors like in the movies ( often not well closed, so you have to climb sometimes to 7level to find it...)
Young atmosphere with young backpackers at the breakfast with only sandwich bread, marmelade and butter.
The rooms are old, like the furniture( when not broken) and the bathroom(when the room have individual one). But this is the way to have not too high price in SF....

Date of stay: August 2016