All reviews rooftop bar ball park giants game att park sf giants private rooftop panoramic views of san francisco illy espresso giants fan boutique hotel directly across the street usb ports walk in shower room wasn't ready filtered water nice gym brick wall
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

What else do you need? If you need a full service hotel then obviously this is not the place to be. We had everything we wanted plus peace and quite, even if there was a party going on at the rooftop (it was St. Patrick’s Day). We loved Hotel Via.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel would probably be fine for a weekend of partying, but not ideal if you actually need to get some sleep as it’s very loud. Arrival on a Sunday evening was crazy as they were having a rooftop party, so I moved to a back facing room on a slightly lower floor. Even then, the music was very loud as were the doors slamming in the hallway and trucks in the street.

Otherwise the room is nice enough, but I wouldn’t stay here again for business. Which is a shame as it’s so near the Caltrain!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Noreen M
Jerry L, Director of Sales at Hotel VIA, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hi Noreen,
Thank you so much for choosing Hotel VIA on your visit to San Francisco. I would like to apologize for your experience when you checked in to our hotel this past Sunday. Twice a month we do have parties on the roof that are open to the public and this past Sunday was one of those days. However, we are very cognizant of the impact these parties may have on our guests which is why we have a hard stop at 8:00 PM.
We very much respect and value all of our corporate travelers at Hotel VIA, and made many design and operational decisions to be as accommodating to our corporate partners as possible. This is one of the main reasons we do not open the rooftop to non-guests (except for those two Sundays a month), as we would like to ensure our corporate travelers have the best experience possible while staying at Hotel VIA.
We made the decision to open the roof to day time parties on only two Sundays each month as we felt this was the best time to meet the exceeding demand from the public for access to the rooftop with the least impact on our hotel guests. I am very sorry that your first experience at Hotel VIA was during one of these parties, but I assure you that you will find a lot calmer and tranquil experience at Hotel VIA for the remainder of your stay.
Please reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do make your stay with us more enjoyable.
Best Regards,
Jerry Leap

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with some friends for a weekend getaway birthday and it was such a good decision! The rooms were gorgeous with big window views of the at&t stadium and the bay. From the rooftop bar there’s an incredible view of the bay bridge (and its pretty lights at night). We ended up hanging out on the rooftop both nights cuz it was so nice, with both comfy couches and hightop tables. The location worked well because we could walk to a bunch of places. I will definitely stay here again, thinking about ball games and concerts, and when the Warriors stadium is built too!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2018

Wow my first impression of Hotel Via is that it is stunning! The rooms are elegantly decorated and very spacious. The bed is super comfy with a sleek clean bathroom. When I first checked in the staff was helpful and accommodating and that same exemplary service continued through my entire stay. I loved the ipad in my room that provided me with great information to make sure that I had a great vacation. I do not normally write reviews but I had to after going up to the rooftop bar! The views of the city are incredible and a perfect place to take a photo op. It is a romantic yet hip setting. I tried a variety of different foods and the flatbread and the sliders were my favorite. I can honestly say that this is my new favorite place to stay in the city! It was in a great location with some delicious restaurants nearby and close to some fun places in the city. On Sunday afternoon the weather was great that I walked back to the hotel from Chinatown/North Beach. Hotel Via is a must stay!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 9:30am to check in and since our room was available, we were able to freshen up before attending our conference. NICE! I loved the room, particularly the curbless shower and all the USB ports in the bedroom. The rooftop bar’s view of the Bay Bridge was spectacular. Friendly and helpful staff!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family