“Vegan soul food? Uhm yes”

Brenda's French Soul Food
Ranked #25 of 5,867 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 5 January 2018

My friends were worried that I wouldn't have anything to eat. We got there and put our names on a blackboard (their way of tracking lines-- super smart!) We sat down in less than 10 minutes. Service was pretty good but the food was even better. I had the Vegan Josephine (I had super bad tofu the night before at another restaurant so I am not too sure my brain just exaggerated the taste) but it was SO tasty and well-spiced. I LOVED it. Definitely a top 3 hit for me! Their coleslaw was also super delicious. Not overbearing but just right. My friends had fried chicken (huge portions and yummy sauces) and my other friend had shrimp (She thoroughly enjoyed her food). Also, their clientele is super diverse (This was nice to see since San Francisco kind of lacks this)

1  Thank Janet M

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Food here is good. Lines can long at times and the area isn't the best. But staff is friendly and once you are in it is a nice cozy place. Have the po boy and shrimp and grits

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner with family. Ate the sweet potato dumplings, po boy, pot pie, shrimp & grits, Mac and cheese and cream biscuits. Followed up with the beignets and bread pudding. Best meal of our trip. There is usually a wait so go early or be patient.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

Had the French toasts, Latte, and house watermelon tea. French toasts were good, just wish it were smaller portions, and Latte was huge! but loved that. The watermelon tea is a bit too sweet. Great service and food overall. Go early if you don't want to queue.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Food: Delicious Cajun cuisine
Service: Efficient
Ambiance: San Francisco casual chic
Decor: Modern design
Location: Literally steps away from San Francisco City Hall.

Apparently Brenda's a food institution in SF but I've been away for so long, I didn't even know. A friend recommended the place for our business group to eat and it was a great experience. They are super efficient and the food are delicious. Stop by if you can!