“Perfect except for the internet 4/5”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Columbus Motor Inn

Columbus Motor Inn
Ranked #48 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Perfect except for the internet 4/5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is a gem in an expensive city. The hotel is located within walking distance to the wharf and mass transit. We got the two room suite. It was very clean and they provided free parking. Warning to those that require plush accommodations – this place is not for you. It is clean, safe, and comfortable.

My ONLY issue during my stay was that the wireless internet did not work. I called the front desk and they provided me with a tech number to call. The tech folks told me there was a “bad connection” and they would send a tech out tomorrow to fix the problem. The wireless internet remained not working during my two night stay. They do offer fast wired internet but there was no connection in my room.

I travel a lot and I also take courses online so the internet is very important to me. I would have chosen another hotel and paid double if I knew the issues I was going to have.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Angie S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I read all the reviews for hotels in San Francisco between $90 - $140 a night. I wanted a central location with parking. I have to say that this hotel met all our expectations. The rooms and service was exceptional for $95 a night! The only issue I could see is that there is a dance club right next door. We stayed from Monday through Thursday, so there was no activity. But, I could see that weekends might be an issue. This is walking distance of the Wharf, cable cars, China town, etc. The hotel was well maintained and clean. We stayed in a room with double/double longs, I was a bit concerned, but the beds were fine. We had trouble one night with the tv reception and the staff responded within minutes. This is definitely a gem.

Room Tip: You should book early to request a room with two queen beds. We did not face Columbus street as the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank gorgecat
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Everything was wonderful; the room large & bright, location, and price. Easy walk to Fisherman's Wharf & end of Cable Car line; friendly, helpful staff. Only negative was they wanted $5.00 to print out 2 boarding passes; $2.00 would be OK; $5.00 is exorbitant.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeenSue
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I found this hotel while researching for my trip to San Francisco. This deal was an absolute bargain, as we only paid about $100 per night, which included FREE parking. The hotel is walking distance to Fisherman's Wharf, Lombard St, Telegraph Hill, Chinatown and plenty of restaurants. I normally stay in main brand hotels while traveling on business, such as Hyatt or Marriott, and I was a little skeptical about staying here, but the beds were nice, flat-screen TV was nice, bathroom was just fine, and parking was free. I have to mention that twice, as most hotels charge $30-40 minimum on parking in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square areas. I'd rate this hotel a 4.5 rating if I could.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kkalb
Toulouse
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

We were looking for somewhere to stay for one night before taking off on our road trip and this hotel was perfect. Free parking, with big enough spaces for our SUV, well located within walking distance to Fisherman's Wharf and the rooms were spacious and very clean. I had asked for quiet rooms and this had been taken into account. Only downside was the soundproofing as we could hear doors banging early the next morning in the corridor, but I think everywhere is pretty much the same. Service was very good, both the evening and morning staff were welcoming and pleasant, giving us suggestions of where to eat. The next morning, the man on duty (Joe I think) even printed out my itinerary from his computer as I had forgotten it. Would definitely recommend as a good stopover hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends