“Great place to stay”

Best Western Plus Americania
Ranked #135 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 February 2015

If you are looking for an awesome place to say in the heart of the City, this location was great choice, especially for the price. 60's art deco, roof-top heated pool, parking, a cute fitness center and a short walk or cab ride to local attractions. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shauntay L
Haiyi, Assistant Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Americania, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2015

Hello Shauntay L,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of the Best Western Plus Americania with the TripAdvisor community. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you will visit again really soon!

Christina Cosby

Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed 20 January 2015

Went up with my mom and her friend to see my brother in a show. It was great coming back to the hotel from the show and not having to worry about parking. The room was very clean, and the beds were very comfortable! We will definitely pick the BW Americania again! Easy access from the freeway and to the downtown SF area (theaters, shopping, etc...)

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank NancyBarber
Haiyi, Assistant Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Americania, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2015

Dear Nancy Barber,

Thank you for posting your glowing thoughts on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wonderful family! We are delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your experience with our hotel and truly appreciate that you provided an honest and warm opinion. We aim to serve and provide all of our guests a unique stay and friendly customer service.

Thank you again for your time, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 19 January 2015

We had a free night from the Best Western Summer promotion and used it for a night in San Francisco. The Hotel was easy to find , Valet did a good job . Parking was ok for San Francisco ( 35 Dollars plus tax a night ) Had breakfast the next morning at the Hotels Restaurant ( not included ) Good food , nice selection , fair priced . You have to like Retro lf you chose this Hotel . Not our taste at all , but it was clean , nice personal . Yes there was some homeless around but we had no problems at all.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Bubbles123_12,

We appreciate your glowing review of your stay with the Best Western Plus Americania. We are glad we could provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable stay while you explored our wonderful city of San Francisco.

Reviewed 16 January 2015

Location was okay, not what I had hoped for but this is minor and a selection I made. I have stayed at many Best Westerns throughout OR, WA and CA but this had zero similarity to those I have stayed at. It was very uncomfortable! The entrance (furnishings) was very cold and only warmed with a smile from the desk clerk. The elevator was always slow. The sitting areas in the courtyards of the rooms was not relaxing and furnished with HARD seats. Upon entering the room my first impression was UGLY but I attempted to look for the Hotel Book to find a place to go and remove myself from the room. I found no book and then called the front desk..... they siad no book existed to inform me of where the ice machine was, hours of exercise room etc.....UGH!!!! I asked for him to bring me a map and after a while he did. When he knocked at the door I attempted to look through the peep hole for safety and it did not work. I mentioned this to him and made him look, his reply was, "it was dirty" I told him to tell the room cleaners to clean. Day two........ still "dirty", I complained again. Day three....... I complained again........ day four I departed. The room given to me had a sitting area that had extremely uncomfortable furnishings! OMG this completely ruined my trip!!!! I had no choice but to use all my pillows from my bed to cushion the sofa. The TV was in the sitting room so I couldn't even relax in my bed.
I will never ever come to this hotel again!!!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Haiyi, Assistant Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Americania, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2015

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for our guests in the future.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Jorge Mejia

Reviewed 15 January 2015 via mobile

Teeny weeny rooms. A struggle to fit 4 people plus luggage.
Really old retro fittings, could do with a total facelift.
Location was ok during the day, close to a CV Pharmacy and tram on Market St. Wouldn't step out after dark with kids though.
Did like the fact it had a laundry.

Stayed: April 2014