2,750 results
All reviewsnob hillmark restaurantcable cargrace cathedralhistoric hotelunion squarethe club loungetop floorcalifornia streetper dayan older hotelhotel guestsan upgradewater pressurethe golden gate bridgecorner roomvalet parking
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Excellent location on Nobb's Hill. You get the exercise climbing the hill. Great views & excellent cocktails. Close to the famous cable car for trip to fisherman's Wharf. Hotel was good at given hints & advice.

Room Tip: Quiet ambience so all rooms good.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins in San Francisco. I am a female, solo business traveller and I felt very safe and secure at the hotel. I stayed on the 11th floor and my room had a beautiful view, a very comfortable bed and a spacious bathroom. The room was immaculate and very quiet. The Top of the Mark was very nice for lunch (although the atmosphere was a bit "cold") but I found myself missing a cozy bar/restaurant in the lobby of the hotel. The walk up and down to Union Square is always great to get the heart rate going. I met three "older" ladies on my way up one night and they were having a bit of a hard time. This might not be the best location if you cannot walk steep hills, up or down. SF is a walking city and you do not want to always rely on taxi's. I walked from the hotel over to the Marina district (Chestnut Street) and it was fabulous. Make sure you try the Slanted Door for dinner one night in the Ferry Building. It is fantastic. I would stay at the Mark Hopkins again, it is a lovely SF hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins in SF. We absolutely loved the hotel! Our room was very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the bed was awesome! Our room was on the 12th floor and had wonderful views of the city. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly staff and had a speedy check-in. We were celebrating our first wedding anniversary and the front desk staff wished us well and noted it. Later that evening we received a card from the hotel and some delicious strawberries wishing us a "Happy Anniversary" from the Mark Hopkins. It was a perfect weekend and we are so pleased that we chose to stay here for this memorable occasion. We will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed here for two weeks for business in late November/ early December. The hotel is truly beautiful during Christmas. The Mark is exactly what one should expect from a 4-5 star hotel. The service was great the rooms were clean with very comfy bedding and the bathroom was big enough for for two girls to be staying for two weeks. I have not one bad thing to say about this place after spending the longest stretch I have ever spent in one hotel - this fact alone I think speaks volumes.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed in the Mark Hopkins for our anniversary trip. The Hotel is Excellent, the service is impeccable. From the valet, to the maids to the concierge. The doorman are very helpful and friendly, the hotel is elegant, refined and has a nostalgic feeling of greatness. The room was very spacious, the bed is so comfortable, I can say is the best I have ever slept in. Of course the Top of The Mark adds a big value, an evening with the view and cocktails are a must. The area, Nob Hill, is very close to the main attractions, it has a line of street car that pass in front of the hotel. Over all, is an excellent hotel, will stay again, would definitely recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 13 floor, the view was spectacular.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple