An amazing view...ask for at least the 12th floor facing the Transamerica Building, you'll leave the drapes open all the time just to see the view. This view does come with a little price (two actually). If you want to walk, you can get to nearly anything quick...Moscone, Chinatown, wharf...whatever, and it all starts downhill. But if you're walking with bags, your penance will be the hike back up!
Oh, that second price...is the cost of breakfast. I'm happy to spend over 300 a night for a room, but c'mon, $50 for breakfast?!? It was $150 for the three of us...and for a buffet that was solid, but not worth that type of bank.
Ok, back to the hotel. Classic ambiance, wonderful service, in a beautiful setting. Enjoy the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels with a long legacy of service excellence. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Agoda, Wotif.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental