1,766 results
All reviews pied piper glass ceiling heated toilet seat garden court restaurant indoor pool beautiful historic hotel montgomery street spg member room service beautiful lobby concierge desk corner suite turn down service the financial district bart station an upgrade market st
Reviewed 15 April 2017

This hotel was close to a conference I was attending in San Francisco, It is also close to quick dinner spots should you be dining and working in your room at night. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and kind -- and provided free bottled water at request every time I stopped by.

My only issue was with housekeeping. My room was clean upon arrival, excepting the bathtub as I discovered when attempting to shower the next morning. It was very clear that it had not been cleaned from the previous guest's use. There were many dark black hairs in the tub. I called to have this remedied at around 8am my first morning. A half an hour later no one had arrived, so I called again. I was told they were on their way. I had a 10am meeting so was a bit annoyed by this point.

A member of the staff did appear shortly thereafte, but started cleaning the entire bathroom, unplugging my hair tools, moving my face products, etc. I stopped her and explained that it was only the tub I needed cleaned. She indicated she understood, and then started cleaning everything again. I stopped her once more, and showed her the hairs in the tub, and again indicated I only needed this one piece of the bathroom cleaned. It was not this person's fault. She should have been told before arriving that the bathtub was the only thing that needed her attention. It was fairly clear she had been instructed to clean the entire bathtub.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2017

This hotel is over rated and over priced for what you get. There is nothing bad however the overall experience failed to live up to expectations. The good bits, fantastic lobby, free coffee and tea in the lobby area, most staff attentive. The not quite so good. Room not luxury, pool cold with tiny jacuzzi, shower in the men's broken, arrived back at the bar to be told last orders at 11.15 pm even for hotel guests. We are not stinger flints but 38 bucks for breakfast a bit on the steep side.

Room tip: We had delux, good but not luxury
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark B
jamieeberhart, Public Relations Manager at Palace Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Thank you for sharing! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our beautiful Garden Court and the complimentary refreshments in the lobby. I apologize for the other inconveniences you experienced and will be sure to inform the maintenance team to do a full inspection of the hotel facilities.

Always appreciating your feedback, we look forward to you next visit.

Jamie E.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Unfortunately we were only able to stop here for one night as we were transitioning during our holiday. We got an exceptional deal on booking with the room for about £150 from what I recall.

The hotel is very well positioned in a decent part of town, and the hotel itself is stunning inside, particularly the bar and dining area.

We had a fairly standard room which was extremely comfortable. The bed(s) were extremely comfortable with great bedding and the bathroom was luxury also (With a very interesting toilet system!)

The major disappointment of the hotel was lack of free wifi in rooms. At this level of hotel that really needs to be provided, as its now common in hotels at much lower standards of accommodation.

Would look at this place first if stopping in San Francisco again.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Excellent location and very easy access from the BART. Room was extremely comfortable, the main lounge/dining area quite spectacular and service was first class. The swimming pool/jacuzzi area was superb. It is a pity though that, apart from breakfast and lunch, the main dining area is not open and evening meals have to be taken in a much smaller bar/dining room with television screens spoiling the ambiance. We had a reduced (conference) room rate but at around $330/night (including tax, but excluding breakfast which cost about $90 for two persons) it was quite expensive. There again, San Francisco is generally an expensive place to stay and dine.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2017

The Grand lobby was gorgeous, rooms were nice, concierge staff was really great and went the extra mile with service. Nice friendly doormen too. Had a really pleasant stay. The Pied piper bar was good, food a bit expensive but not more than one would expect for a hotel of this quality.

• Trip type: Travelled with family