1,053 results
All reviews bay bridge ferry building great location rooms are small exposed brick giants game window seat farmers market bay view room restaurant downstairs turn down service room service comfortable bed financial district valet parking front desk staff easy access
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We stayed in a city suite without a view but with a balcony with seating. The room was spacious with a seating/tv area separate from the bed and bath. Very clean and the staff was great, accommodating and willing to smile and assist! Appreciated Larry and his colleagues.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Griffon. Trust in the fact that I will share your wonderful comments and the Five Star ranking you provided us, with our entire staff; especially Larry and his colleagues.

See you on your next visit to the Bay Area.

In hospitality, I am at your service.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

This is a very nice hotel. However, what the beautiful pictures don't show you is how small the rooms are. The bathroom sink is in the room (ours was 3 feet from the front of the bed). We stayed in a View King on the 3rd floor which fronts the Embarcadero and can be noisy. The room has no closet except for a narrow cubby hole. Instead there is a bar over a table to hang your clothes on. We had to store our suitcases under the desk.

Again the rooms are very nicely done but very small. The location is great. It would be a perfect choice for the frugal traveler. Get a room on the 4th floor to avoid any potential noise problems and make sure your room is not next to the elevator or the ice machine (one room is between both).

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th or 5th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I very much appreciate your comments. Although it is typical for historical hotels to have smaller rooms, we do have five total room types to choose from, with total square footage up to 750 sq. ft.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again, should your future travel plans call for a return visit to the Bay Area.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This is the third time we have booked this hotel because of it's location, close to AT&T park and the Ferry Building. It is very well maintained considering it's age; rooms are tiny (but what more do you need?) very clean and well appointed. A plus - excellent restaurant adjacent to the lobby.

Room Tip: With rooms with a view are more expensive.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Marcie,

I am thrilled that you took to time to post a review of your Hotel Griffon experience on TripAdvisor.

In addition, I am grateful for your commentary and for your Five Star rating.

On behalf of our staff, I look forward to welcoming you back for our fourth visit. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to make your next stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We stayed two nights and it was a great experience. As we have a small Inn in Tennessee, we appreciated the comfortable bed, well appointed room and cleanliness. Will definitely stay again! We loved the location as well. Lee and Jim, Monteagle Inn and Retreat Center

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 August 2017

Dear Lee and Jim,

What a pleasure to have you as our guest for your recent visit to San Francisco. I not only appreciate the wonderful Five Star rating on TripAdvisor, but I am most appreciative of your comments.

Please call me in advance of your next visit to the Bay Area so I may personally welcome you upon your arrival.

With sincere regards, in hospitality.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We've stayed there several times now and have always had an awesome experience. The rooms are small but very clean and all of the employees are wonderful!! It's a short, pleasant walk to AT&T park and being right on the water, it's a gorgeous view. We've told several friends about the hotel and will be back in the future, for sure!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 August 2017

Dear Dawn,

Thank you so much for being a loyal guest of the Hotel Griffon. I truly appreciate your kind words and the great Five Star ranking on TripAdvisor.

Please contact me directly prior to your next stay, so that I may personally ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations.