2,436 results
All reviews japan town soaking tub japantown mall shoji screens japanese decor japanese mall japanese garden fillmore street corner king room bath salts small balcony self parking pacific heights golden gate park per day coffee maker public transportation
Reviewed 21 July 2018

Loved the big, minimalist styled room! It was right in the middle of where I wanted to be in downtown San Fransisco. The staff were beyond helpful when I had questions. A little pricey, but worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paul R, Hotel Manager at Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear 907kaitlin,

Thanks for your FIVE STAR review of our hotel... truly appreciate it and will share with all of our staff in the hotel... hope to see you again here, not only for a leisure trip but also when you are in town for business --- as you know, we maybe away from the "maddening crowds" of downtown SF, but we are still near, accessible and safe.

See you soon 907kaitlin.

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Excellent Management, Staff and Hotel, itself. I did not get a martini at nice Bar ( oh well, next time); however, nice walks and breakfast. Photos attached. Location is good and parking package is available.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Trw005,

A BIG THANK YOU for your 5-Star Review of our hotel... we truly appreciate it and will share with all of our staff.
Next time, I can perhaps buy you a martini on your next visit :). Glad you also enjoyed our town --- walkable, accessible, engaging and safe -- one of the best kept secrets of San Francisco.

Safe travels and see you soon Trw005.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Would give 3 and a half stars. The hotel was beautiful in a perfect location. Parking in the garage was relatively cheap. We didn’t sleep well, there was a couple yelling in the hall at 2am, then street noise (sirens, honking, trucks backing up, leaf blowing...), then housekeeping at 8am (that one was our fault for forgetting the do not disturb sign). The bathroom floor gets a huge puddle from the shower. The average rating is mainly due to cleanliness issue that they resolved and the ridiculous amenity fee. I didn’t use their amenities, not even the WiFi. Service was great, the room was comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. The bathroom doesn’t lock.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear mhunter9,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review in Trip Advisor. I am sorry about the noises you experienced --- please know that you can always call the Front Desk and request to be moved to a higher floor or the tranquil Japanese Gardenview rooms. I am sorry also that someone knocked at your door at 8am. I have advised our tireless Housekeeping Ladies about this and cleanliness issue you have noted -- and believe me, they do take it to heart! Our mandatory guest amenity fee is priced competitively with other hotels in the city, whose charges range between $30 to $50 per night.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

I recently attended a scientific conference at Hotel Kabuki. The first morning of the conference, I saw a breakfast buffet near the registration desk. This buffet was really small, and since there wasn't any sign, I thought that it was organized by the conference, and I picked up two pieces of bread. Well, it turned out that it was the hotel breakfast, and... no mercy, they charged me $27 for these two pieces of bread (the really expensive price of their regular small breakfast buffet). They even included the tip, so I had no other choice than to pay it. Frankly, I couldn't believe what was going on. The Asian personnel didn’t speak Japanese, which is not surprising since I have never been treated like this in Japan. This hotel is a "fake" Japanese hotel...

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Pierre D

Dear Pierre D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that your Event Organisers opted not to provide breakfast for the attendees of their all-day-conference. Aside from our signages, we also advised them to let attendees know about our breakfast, resulting in a number of participants joining us... taking the time to partake and enjoy our breakfast offerings --- a great way to start a full day!

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Nice little hotel, cost wast higher than expected because of add ons. It needed a coffee shop . There was no food available except for the local restaurants which were always packed. The local coffee shop did not open until 9 am.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Dear jhapan349,

Thanks for your review. I am sorry that you were not made aware of our Breakfast Nook (6:30am-10:30am M-F // 7:00-11:00am S-S) and the Lobby Lounge/Bar which also has shareable bites to order that can be consumed on site or in the comfort of your own room. Also, we have a 24/7 Franke Coffee Machine located beside the bar and with the swipe of your credit card, you have 12 selections to choose from --- reasonably priced and some say, even better than popular coffee shops.. especially when you sip it right in the comfort of the Lobby Lounge living room.

We hope to see you again sometime soon jhagan349.