1,319 results
All reviews union square elks lodge complimentary sherry great location post street ceiling fan around the corner cable car there is no air conditioning charming hotel front desk staff half block valet parking tea and coffee nob hill central location two double beds
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Our flight arrived early and room would be ready as scheduled. The bellman, Mario, was to the rescue with his great smile, friendly demeanor and helpful hospitality. He quickly tagged and stored our luggage for us and readily gave us tips on several items. When we returned, he quickly retrieved our luggage and escorted us to our rooms with the luggage in tow. There were four couples!

Our sleep was great on the comfy bed and pillows all weekend. My husband now agrees this is our go to SF hotel. I had been a couple times before with my daughter and friends.

See you next time.

Room Tip: Windows open enough for flow of fresh air
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
SueL2561, Assistant General Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear marien856,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comment with us on TripAdvisor. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and a great sleep! I will share your kind word with Mario and we can't wait to see you again during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I visited the hotel in September on a family trip. We came in a oversized car, but we could park in front of the hotel and got valet service from the hotel. The rooms where clean and ok sized. Best part of the hotel is the location.. In the hard of the city, so can't be much better. Only thing that with that is there is a little noice from the street if a room out to the main street is selected. But that can only be expected. I can for sure recommend this hotel for its location and nice staff.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
SueL2561, Assistant General Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Morten S,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comment with us on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed the stay in our hotel. Our hotel is located in the center of everything so the location is very convenience to a lot of our guests. We hope you will choose us again during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We stayed here for four nights in the middle of September. We were very tired upon arrival following a long journey and carrying two heavy suitcases to the hotel from the train station. We were looking forward to arriving as we had booked the 'celebration package' which was supposed to include a bottle of wine & chocolates upon arrival. We had booked this rate knowingly and had paid extra for it. When we arrived at the hotel we checked in and went to the room but there was nothing - no bottle of wine/bubbly & no chocolates. It may seem trivial but as we had paid for this package we were quite disappointed. In addition, we were also placed in a very small room at the back of the hotel where there was scaffolding outside of the room and a note on the table saying that builders would be working during the day right outside of the room so it was advisable to draw the curtains during daylight hours for privacy -not ideal!! Overall, we felt a little disheartened and would have thought that as we had booked their celebration package then it would have been obvious that we were staying for a special occasion. We probably would have booked a different hotel in hindsight. Other than that it is a shame as it was a lovely hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carly1809
SueL2561, Assistant Genreal Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Carly1809,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comment with us on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear about your experience during the stay with us. My front desk has brought it to my attention in regard the glitch in the system of the celebration package and I am sorry again that it was brought it up the next day instead the day of arrival. We have comp the $55 celebration package charge due to the inconvenience that we have caused you, so there shouldn't be any charges on your folio expect the room and tax. Please contact us directly if you don't not see the adjustment. I hope you would give us a second chance during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you very much for staying with us.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Traveled from England to meet family and stayed in Kensington Park Hotel. Good location near Union Square, clean, comfortable and welcoming. Staff friendly and helpful. Tea, coffee, water and sherry provided in lobby. We had a great time.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
SueL2561, Assistant General Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Dear maudev20182018,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comment with us on TripAdvisor and gave us a 5 star! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your kind word with the rest of the team and we all can't wait to see you again during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

I booked 3 rooms for my family this past August (2 rooms for 8 days, 1 room for 5 days). The location is ideal. The rooms were nice and comfortable. The staff was friendly, pleasant and amenable. And you can't beat the free sherry between 4:00 - 6:00 pm with live music!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
SueL2561, Assistant General Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear seadsjjj,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comment with us on TripAdvisor and gave us a 5 star! I am so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and I will share your kind word with the rest of my team. My team and I look forward to see you again during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you very much for staying with us.