“Fun, Fun, Fun (and a little scary)”

City Segway Tours San Francisco
USD 60.00*
San Francisco Segway Tour: North Beach and Ghirardelli Square
Ranked #3 of 290 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: San Francisco is best enjoyed as you glide through its streets and along the waterfront. Our world-class tour guides provide heaps of unique and fascinating stories that make this the city's most fascinating tour! All tours are limited in size so you can count on a great and a personal experience full of fun and fantastic photo ops! City Segway Tours is the original Segway tour company! When you glide with us, you’ll know you are gliding with the original and the best.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
New York City, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun, Fun, Fun (and a little scary)”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Great event to zip around the hills and see the sights. Recommended.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank ezzi386

• Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fan-bloody-tastic!!!!”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Where do i begin...we, with our two teenagers, did the beginners segway tour (3hours). What a fantastic way to see San Francisco!! It took us to Alcatraz, the wharf area, a view of the Golden Gate Bridge and a myriad of other nooks and crannies! Our tour guide, Kristian, was not only informed beyond compare, but SO much fun. We loved her (and the tour) so much we immediately booked the advanced tour which took us up and down hills (including Lombard Street), down little lane ways, to Coit Tower, and a view of the docks. So much of the history was explained, from the wonderful story of Lillie Hitchcock Coit, to the fascinating revelation of the reclaimed land in the Marina district.
The segways themselves were easy to manipulate, and the training was more than adequate. I could not recommend this company and their tours more highly. DO IT!! You won't regret it :)

Visited December 2011
2 Thank ChristinaMcDonald
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun Segway tour!”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Great tour, fun guide, and small groups. This tour is worth the time and money.

1 Thank RadRomeo
Pasadena, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Way to Tour San Francisco”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

City Segway is a top class operations. I've taken tours with them in Atlanta, Georgia and multiple times in Washington, DC. The service is always the same: excellent tour guides, well maintained equipment and interesting tours.

Having lived in San Francisco for 10 years, I fully understand the hassles of getting around the city and knew a Segway would allow me to again visit some of my favorite tourist spots. The equipment is extremely easy to operate. Since my friend and I (we are both 65 years old) have toured on Segways a half dozen times this past years, we were sure we could handle the flat areas of the city but not so confident about the hills. With outstanding guidance and operating tips from our guide, Johannes, we quickly mastered operating the machines up and down steep San Francisco hills including the Russian Hill area and Lombard Street's twisting extremely steep decline.

Our guide was fantastic, full of insight and information about the city and it's history that I never learned in the 10 years living there. We toured in areas I'd seen but weren't willing to walk the long distances to see up close. The views from the spots Johannes shared with us were spectacular.

I highly recommend City Segway to all, young and old.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank JudyB255
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“What a hoot! You have to do this!”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

From time of friendly check in through the not at all daunting training session and then the fun tour with Johannes, we had the best of times with our first Segway experience and hopefully the first of many. The tour was interesting and I'm not sure if I enjoyed the sights - particularly the neighbourhoods and down around the wharfs and marina - or just being on a Segway more, but either way I fully recommending adding this tour to your San Francisco experience.

Visited November 2011