“Calm and chilled seating at the back”

Progressive Grounds
Ranked #86 of 305 Coffee & Tea in San Francisco
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Decent sandwiches - we shared a tuna mayo on sour dough and a lovely orientalist place to sit out at the back.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Easy to find in the middle of Cortland, this little coffe shop does a mixture of drinks, lunches and ice cream. Coffees were good, prices slightly on the high side but a cozy and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

I am here for 2 months (live in Costa Rica) and come here a lot. The food is delicious and reasonably priced, the atmosphere could not be better and I had a run-in with the owner today who had to confront me on something I did (my fault) but did it in such a pleasant and honest way, it really made his true colors shine through which is what finally put me over the edge to write this review. I will gladly be supporting this establishment as much as I can before I leave in a couple of weeks and will miss it when I am gone. Support local, folks...especially those spots that are owned by particularly honest, humble and friendly owners who really take pride in their businesses.

Reviewed 7 April 2015

Great backyard to enjoy during the sunny days.
Popular with locals and students.
Friendly service, homey atmosphere. Decent wraps.

Reviewed 4 April 2015

On our first visit here, one Sunday afternoon some years ago, when we were sitting in the lovely garden patio, a small group of string musicians arrived, and began an impromptu rehearsal. We were delighted!
The patio still has a special feel to it. This time, accompanied by a new grandson, we had tasty lunch sandwiches and scrumptious banana cake.