“A great stay with a great host”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Guest Suite

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Coffee & Tea
Heated Tile in Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
BlairConr...
Waterloo, Canada
“A great stay with a great host”
Reviewed 1 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

A great place to stay. The bedroom is at the back of the unit, so there was no street noise. San Francisco's big, so you can't walk everywhere, but the apartment is central, and steps away from a #5 Muni bus stop, which runs the breadth of the city—so convenient. There's no stove, but there's a coffee maker, microwave, dish washer, a great toaster, and a full-sized fridge! One (very minor) downside is that there's no bedside lamp, so if you read in bed, bring an e-reader.

The absolute highlight of the apartment, though, was Donna. She's a wonderful host. On our first day, she bundled us into her car and took us grocery shopping, and even bought us special decaffeinated coffee. On another day, on hearing that we'd been planning to visit the de Young, she drove us to Golden Gate Park, pointed out some sites (including us all getting out to look at the bison) and then used her membership to get us into the museum as her guests (with access to the special exhibits)! And throughout our visit, she was more than happy to give advice about where to go and what to do and how to get there.

1 Apr 2018
Dear Blair, Marryat and "Happy", A host is only as good as the guests allow them to be, so I was lucky to have you allow me to do a little extra for you. In that spirit I am looking for a bedside lamp, to make avaiable to any guest requesting one. Since I do not read in bed, there will certainly be a learning curve involved, but I hope I get the right light on the first try. <]:O)
PSZ2
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Quiet elegance with an wonderful hostess”
Reviewed 10 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

My daughter and I just returned from a 4-night stay in San Francisco. Donna was gracious enough to pick us up from the airport (for a nominal charge) and took us on a mini-tour and up to Twin Peaks for a breathtaking view of the city before dropping us off at The Guest Suite.

The suite is located on a quiet residential street near several coffee shops and markets. We used Uber to get around the city and found that the location was not more than 15 minutes from any of the sights we wanted to take in. There was a bus stop just down the street too.

The accommodations were very clean and extremely tasteful with a European feel. The bed was comfortable and the shower was amazing! The kitchen had a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, coffee and tea pots. Donna has a large garden in the back yard and we were able to watch the birds come to the feeder right outside the window. We took some great pictures in the garden.

Donna was a most excellent hostess. She emailed restaurant recommendations with pictures of some of the items from the menus and was available by phone if we had any questions. We enjoyed our conversations with her and appreciated her warmth and genuine personality.

We would definitely stay at The Guest Suite again....but next time will make our stay longer.

12 Mar 2018
That view was breathtaking, Pam and I hope to see your photos soon. I found your bread from The Mill, and it was hard as a rock, but the birds are now enjoying pieces of it, although they cannot appreciate it as much as we can. I would enjoy hosting you again, but perhaps in summer or fall, so you can really enjoy the garden. It's guests like you that make hosting such fun, so I thank you.
hawaiiros...
Nice, France
“A lovely place to stay right in the heart of San Francisco.”
Reviewed 30 January 2018 for a stay in August 2017

The guest suite is beautifully decorated, comfortable and clean. There is a lovely little garden with a seating area just outside the suite. The suite has a well equipped kitchen with a variety of coffee and tea provided free of charge. The bed was comfortable and the bedroom was peaceful and quiet allowing for a restful nights sleep. The location was ideal, close to many types of restaurants and cafes. The suite is near public transportation, so there is really no need to rent a car.
Donna, the owner, was very warm and welcoming. She was quite informative about nearby sights and attractions, She also provided excellent recommendations.
I am certainly looking forward to my next stay.

31 Jan 2018
Thank you, Katherine, it is so heartwarming to know that you really enjoyed your stay. I have another Thai restaurant to suggest for your next trip and a great place for bahn mi, although it will be difficult to top Le Soleil...I've been back 2 times already. You were a wonderful guest to allow me so much interaction. I may have enjoyed your trip as much as you did.
Michael B
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome SF stay in the guest suite”
Reviewed 16 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Fantastic place in a great neighborhood (near all
The cool nopa
Restaurants and walking distance tommany other area). The decor is warm and cozy; little
Kitchen already well equipped w teas and coffees; beautiful bathroom and awesome
Shower and great little garden in the back. Donna is the perfect host; she was there for whatever you need ( even so generously gave me a ride to a bar on coast!) but stays out of the way if you want privacy! Bed is a bit firm for my taste; not a complaint just an observation. Would highly reccomend to single travelers and couples alike!

18 Jan 2018
Hi Mike, thank you for the kind words, and for the excuse to take a "Sunday ride" something I miss from childhood. Sorry you ended up with a winter garden, as it is not the most beautiful, but I was happy to discover that the rain let up enough to allow you a few minutes to use it. Did I mention that I designed the bathroom myself? :-)
Amanda B
Madison Heights, Virginia
“Perfect place to stay in San Francisco”
Reviewed 15 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I'm not sure that we can capture in words how much we enjoyed our honeymoon as a result of this rental. This is the first time that I have used Trip Advisor's rental option and I was a bit uncertain as to what to expect. Our host, Donna, was so communicative leading up to the trip- we sent regular emails and discussed possible sites to visit and exchanged contact information. This provided much comfort and allowed us to be at ease with our travel plans. Despite it being late at night when we arrived, she met us at the door to provide a walk through, showed us where everything was located and how to use it, and even made us some tea.

The suite was larger than we expected- offering a kitchen space that included an electric kettle, a dishwasher and large farmhouse sink, a microwave, and a full sized refrigerator. She had a variety of teas and coffee to sample, as well as an array of dishes and utensils to provide the option for eating in if we chose to purchase ready made options (we ate out as frequently as we could, but this was a great place option for snacking in the evening). In addition, the next day, she was courteous enough to offer to drive us to the grocery store to purchase items that we might need for our stay. She also provided details of our location in relation to other sites and restaurants that we might want to visit during our trip. Although we had tickets through a pre-purchased pass, she was also generous enough to offer to take us to the de Young Museum as guests. Had we not already purchased those items, that would have saved us quite a large sum of money.

Donna provided recommendations for restaurants and made us feel at home. She and I shared a love of cooking and discussed dishes that we enjoy to make. Her collection of cookbooks specific to San Francisco were also available in the suite to enjoy and I loved reading through them during the week. It also helped me to choose which one I would purchase as my souvenir for San Francisco. We also had access to a wonderful patio to have our coffee in the morning. The accommodations were inviting and the shower spacious and excellent. This might sound weird- but I can't tell you how disappointing it has been at times to get to a stay and realize that the water pressure is weak or the fixtures don't operate properly. This bathroom was lovely! The suite was decorated beautifully with an array of personally collected art and a variety of literature, innovative fixtures and surfaces, and useful information for the city. Walking maps were also available for use during our trip.

At the end of our stay, we were so saddened to leave. In addition to the wonderful experiences that we had, this suite was exceptional and we wouldn't have had the opportunity to enjoy ourselves as much if not for Donna's beautiful suite and absolutely kindness. We can't wait to return to San Francisco- it has truly captured our heart. Thank you, Donna, for such a wonderful memory.

23 Oct 2017
Dear Amanda and Ryan,
I have to thank you for being so communicative yourselves with your interests and needs, because you made my part of the bargain easy. It was a pleasure meeting you and spending some time together and I hope you decide to come back one day, maybe an anniversary!!! Thank you also for taking such good care of the property, and for letting us be a part of your celebration.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing