“Excellent, comfortable, central location and...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Guest Suite

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Coffee & Tea
Heated Tile in Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Littlemis...
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Excellent, comfortable, central location and superb host!”
Reviewed 23 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

The location is great for exploring San Francisco. Very close to a bus stop and quite a few amenities within walking distance. The neighbourhood has lots of beautiful Victorian buildings. I could access everywhere I wanted to go using the bus.

Lovely apartment and very comfortable. I loved the shower. There is everything you could need on holiday. Donna is wonderful, very helpful, friendly and respectful. I would stay here again. Donna took me to the store to get supplies when I first arrived, showed me around and offered to take me to different museums. If you need anything I recommend you discuss it with Donna. If she can help, I'm sure she will.

I would recommend the Guest Suite to solo travellers and couples.

Your age range 25-34
26 Apr 2017
Rebecca,
Your review is so wonderful, you make me want to book the Guest Suite for myself. I can't thank you enough for being such a lovely guest. It was so nice to be able to share some of my favorite places with you and have our conversations over several lunches. You truly are "huggable".
Alan P
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Very good accommodation and excellent host”
Reviewed 16 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

I have rated The Guest Suite 'excellent '.

If I just rated the accommodation I would rate this very good but the support, and help received by the host Donna easily springboards my rating to excellent.
From my first message to Donna enquiring about the accommodation to when Donna dropped me at the airport for my return home, she has been amazing.
Donna answered every query in detail, very promptly and most importantly covered everything I wanted to know
The day I arrived Donna not only spent time showing the apartment but then drove me around nearby streets showing restaurants and other things of interest. Donna then offered to take me to Trader Joe's to buy breakfast food, snacks etc
During my 9 day stay Donna also offered to drive me to other places. I took advantage of a couple of these.
My flight home didn't leave until 10pm so not only did Donna allow me to stay until 6pm but offered to drive me to the airport.
Now to comment on the apartment
It was very clean and functional. The kitchen was very well equipped but without a stove. (Donna does highlight this in her TripAdvisor posting). This didn't phase me as I was happy to eat at the many restaurants located nearby.
The bedroom is a good size with plenty of draws and wardrobe space. The bed was comfortable.
The bathroom was supplied with all soaps shampoos etc.
The apartment is located on a main bus route into the CBD or just a few minutes walk to another route to go, for example, to the Castro district. Notwithstanding its location traffic noise is virtually non existent
My only negative, and this is a personal one, is i like a view. The apartment offers a walk into Donna's well kept garden, but aside from this the windows just look onto adjoining walls
Would I go back.......yes without question!

26 Apr 2017
Alan,
Thank you for your thorough and kind review. As I had mentioned, I do like to offer a few extras for single travelers, since they pay the same as a couple. I try to be available yet respectful of my guests' privacy. Ah yes, the view, or lack thereof. San Francisco is unique in many ways and if you're not on a hill, your yard is facing all the neighbors on a 25'x 100' lot. Luckily the lots in our neighborhood are 37' longer than most of the city, so there's much more distance between buildings. The buildings are side by side and the walls you mentioned are in a lightwell, built only for air circulation and light, certainly not ideal, but standard in San Francisco Victorian and Edwardian neighborhoods. I would welcome you back anytime and hope next time, your wife may come with you.
Reviewed 3 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
3 Sep 2016
Dear Theresa and Paul, people as nice as both of you are why I am enjoying hosting so much. Sharing information and time with guests is not work for me, and your reciprocation made it truly a pleasure. We hope to see you in New Zealand one day. Knowing you especially liked my restaurant suggestions was gratifying. I'll be looking for new places, just in case you manage a 2nd trip to SF, and I hope you do.
Donna
385PeterC...
Rheinbach, Germany
“A place to come back to”
Reviewed 7 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed in the Guest Suite for a week in July while visiting our son in San Francisco.
We enjoyed our visit very much, not least because the apartment was such a lovely place, it really felt like home. It is well equipped, furnished in style and quality, with an eye for beauty and detail. The pictures give a very good and realistic idea of what you will find. The garden is a delight, it is a beautiful haven of peace and quiet in a bustling city.
The house is a beautiful Victorian house in McAllister Street, which is a recommendable neighbourhood with shopping facilities, restaurants and a lot to see at a walking distance. You will not need a car because public transportation is close and effective. Going to the city center is a matter of minutes.
Donna is a perfect host. She is there when you need her, helpful if you want information, suggestions or assistance (e.g. making it to a supermarket before closing time or getting to the airport). She had time for us, we really enjoyed having a friendly "neighbour".
We can recommend this apartment and will definitely come back for our next stay in San Francisco – and know we are welcome friends.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Aug 2016
Dear Peter and Monika,

I once wrote a review for an Irish B&B titled "Arriving as Strangers, Leaving as Friends" and am delighted that you considered me in that same way. It means I was successful in making you feel welcomed and valued as guests. You are so very welcome to come back and next time I hope you make time for me to take you to the Academy of Science or De Young Museum as my guests. Since I am allowed 3 guests at the De Young, you may also invite your son.
Reviewed 30 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

18 Aug 2016
Vivienne,

Thank you so much for rewriting this review, since it, along with 15 others were lost when Tripadvisor purchased Housetrip. I feel naked without them!!! I have hopes that I will see you and them again one day. My best to you and Carey on your new home.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing