“A place to come back to”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Guest Suite

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Coffee & Tea
Heated Tile in Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
385PeterC...
Rheinbach, Germany
“A place to come back to”
Reviewed 7 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed in the Guest Suite for a week in July while visiting our son in San Francisco.
We enjoyed our visit very much, not least because the apartment was such a lovely place, it really felt like home. It is well equipped, furnished in style and quality, with an eye for beauty and detail. The pictures give a very good and realistic idea of what you will find. The garden is a delight, it is a beautiful haven of peace and quiet in a bustling city.
The house is a beautiful Victorian house in McAllister Street, which is a recommendable neighbourhood with shopping facilities, restaurants and a lot to see at a walking distance. You will not need a car because public transportation is close and effective. Going to the city center is a matter of minutes.
Donna is a perfect host. She is there when you need her, helpful if you want information, suggestions or assistance (e.g. making it to a supermarket before closing time or getting to the airport). She had time for us, we really enjoyed having a friendly "neighbour".
We can recommend this apartment and will definitely come back for our next stay in San Francisco – and know we are welcome friends.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Aug 2016
Dear Peter and Monika,

I once wrote a review for an Irish B&B titled "Arriving as Strangers, Leaving as Friends" and am delighted that you considered me in that same way. It means I was successful in making you feel welcomed and valued as guests. You are so very welcome to come back and next time I hope you make time for me to take you to the Academy of Science or De Young Museum as my guests. Since I am allowed 3 guests at the De Young, you may also invite your son.
Reviewed 30 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Vivienne,

Thank you so much for rewriting this review, since it, along with 15 others were lost when Tripadvisor purchased Housetrip. I feel naked without them!!! I have hopes that I will see you and them again one day. My best to you and Carey on your new home.
Reviewed 17 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

18 Aug 2016
And I would accept your booking with great pleasure. I hope you do get to bring your daughter to see San Francisco and look forward to making her trip special. Perhaps, you could spare some time to be my guests at the DeYoung Museum or I might be able to suggest a fun shopping trip for the 2 of you. MaryJane, you and Des were great company!
Reviewed 7 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

18 Aug 2016
Dear Jenny and Pauline, Thank you for the lovely review. I totally enjoyed our time together, especially the drive to Sonoma County and sharing a glass of wine in the garden. Bill and I look forward to seeing you in Paris.
Reviewed 5 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

18 Aug 2016
Thank you, Emilie & Yanik. I was delighted to know that I was not intrusive, but was present enough to help you have a good trip. The airport service started as a way to help guests go straight to the apartment in the most expedient way, with the least expense. After one taxi ride, many other guests have agreed that it is a "great deal".
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing