“Not just kebabs”

Cuisines: Indian, Mediterranean
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Located just a block and a half-away from Powell BART station, but sufficiently off the main drag that it was less crowded and touristy, in fact I saw actual Indian people eating there, which is always a good sign. The menu is very traditional - I ordered the Lamb Biryani and the Palak Paneer. Both were excellent, properly seasoned, and good portion sizes and reasonably priced. Would definitely go back the next time I'm visiting SF and in the area.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Very friendly staff and good authentic pakistani food that will not ruin your budget. We enjoyed eating there and felt very comfortable thanks to friendly waiters who did everything to make our stay pleasant. The restaurant does not sell alcohol, but will not mind if you bring it your own from the adjacent liquor store - they have beer and wine glasses ready for you. Avoid Little Delhi opposite, choose this one instead.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Great food. Affordable prices. On the edge of Tenderloin but safe. Clean restaurant. I had the eggplant which was medium to hot. Hubby has the cheese in tomato sauce. Canʻt remember the actual names. Sorry. But the food was delicious. Had it with a side of whole wheat flat bread. The meals come with a huge pitcher of water for the uninitiated. Just ask your waiter for the heat scale of the dishes before ordering if unsure.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

I was staying in a hotel in the area and had walked by several times. The lunch deal seemed very reasonable, but when I actually took it I can say that I was rather underwhelmed. Portion size was on the small side, and the tandoori chicken was nothing special.
Worth while to drop in for a cheap lunch, but this is not anything like in the excellent category that so many seem to be giving it.
Maybe I have been spoiled by the excellent Indian restaurants in the UK?

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

This is really the place to go. High quality dishes and low prices. Friendly service. Even our youngsters were very enthusiastic. We will go again.