“Great food, clean place and nice staff. A must-try”

Taiyou Shabu & Sushi Restauran
Ranked #130 of 295 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 14 September 2015

My husband and I consider this our favorite place to get hot pot. The staff are very friendly, the food is always fresh and it's a fun experience. They have a great variety and with their buffet, you can have all the hot pot you want, and can also have all the sushi you want. I recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

I wanted to give it more stars for the food but gave it less stars because of the service we received. I've been here many times with friends and each time the service was consistently the same, the waitstaff taking too long to take our orders or get us glasses of water. The hotpot itself was fine, we went on a Saturday afternoon for the all you can eat hotpot buffet, $19.99/pp. The quality was fine, nothing above average. Lots of variety to order including seafood and sushi. My main gripe was that at the end of the meal, two of our friends decided to split the bill down the middle with their credit cards. When we got up to leave, the waitress flagged us down, supposedly angry and saying that we didn't pay them tip. Our friend kindly pointed at the receipt where it showed they each paid tip (20%) on their respective credit cards. I don't think we'll be coming back again because of their service.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I don't usually slam restaurants. I make allowances when I see they are trying.

That said, their soba is garbage. Overcooked to paste. Waterlogged. Flavorless. Ugh. The server didn't even know what it was when I ordered it off the menu.

Their tempura is sad even by Massachusetts standards which is really saying something. The best way to describe it is like using pancake batter to hide vegetables. They didn't even bother to thread the beans.

This is what happens when you bloat your menu to try to do everything instead of being good at a couple of things.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Did lunch time hot pot and sushi buffet, $20 for lunch or $28 for dinner. Service was spotty even though we were only customers for a little while. Meat and vegetables were very good quality, as was the limited sushi we had. The portions on platter for the vegetables and meats was quite small I thought for 3 people. We had to order again on some items almost immediately. Maybe they are afraid of waste, but it was mildly annoying. This is a good hot pot option for this area if not expensive at the price level I noted at the time of the reiew.

1  Thank PackaBagJohn