“Delicious Filipino food”

JnJ Turo Turo
Ranked #62 of 306 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: Philippine
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Stopped in to try this small neighborhood restaurant. Food was delicious and the owners very friendly. The only menu is what is written ob the board but there seemed to be a good selection including the usual selection of adobo, sinagang and lumpiang. I also had the halo-halo which was fantastic. Only drawback, seating is very limited.

Reviewed 18 September 2015

This humble restaurant is the only Filipino restaurant within the greater Boston area (for now, at least), and provides some measure of comfort to the many first-generation Filipinos who live and work in the area.

Some of our favorites from JnJ (mostly pork dishes): the crispy pata (deep-fried pork knuckle), lechon kawali (deep-fried pork belly), the pork barbecue (roasted pork skewers) and the crispy pork lumpia (fried pork egg rolls).

For some campy fun, catch some Filipino variety shows airing on the Filipino Channel while you're eating.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

My husband and I found this little place and love it. Although it's only open on the weekends, it's worth the wait during the week. Everything is homemade and delicious. We like their food so much we had them cater our wedding's rehearsal dinner. It's a small and unassuming place with great service and authentic food!

Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

I took my wife here for Mother's Day. We both had never been there before. My first impression was that the place was small and similar to places I been to in the Philippines. The staff was very friendly. The food was good except not all of it was hot. They didn't have all that we asked for which was a bit disappointing. Overall I would probably just go here during busy times when they might have all the menu options.

Reviewed 11 January 2015 via mobile

I'm very impressed with this place. I've been here about a dozen times now. The food is fresh, flavorful and consistently delicious. It is family run. Rather than being "Mom & Pop" this place is staffed by a mother and son.

I'm new to the food of the Philippines, but this is quite similar to that which I have had at the homes of Pilipino friends, which leads me to believe they it is traditional.

There is no atmosphere. It is very bare bones and looks a bit run down. Street parking is also tight. But don't let any of this scare you off.

2  Thank travelfoodie4823927