“Very good food, service, and atmosphere.”

Stewman's Oceanfront Lobster Pound
Ranked #53 of 153 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 3 November 2017

We ate here Oct 2017 and hubby of course had lobster with no complaints. I had a meal that included (forget the name sorry) fried haddock, fried scallops, fried shrimp, and fried clams and french fries. Not the healthiest of meals but wth it's vacation lol. It was my first time having scallops and boy were they good! The clams were ehhh very chewy but I think they always are they just came with everything else I wanted. We will return!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Stewman's was the perfect stop for us after our tour of Acadia Natl Park. The lobster was delicious and service could not have been more friendly.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

This is a big restaurant and seats many people. We had a 20 minute wait but that was ok. It was Friday night and we learned from our waiter that a lot of staff have left for the season so while there are lots of tourists still, the staff is smaller, thus the wait.

We had fish and chips and clam chowder - some of the best of both we had on our trip. We were in a room that sat out over the water - you could see it through the boards under our feet. It was quiet and nice and we had a great view of a huge full moon rising over the water.

It was a very pleasant experience with nice ambiance and delicious food.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We had eaten here several years ago and made sure to come back. I love the Pier House Catch which is Haddock Fillet's, Clams, Shrimp, and scallops. The portions are very filling.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed this restaurant. Great views of the harbor although there is tons of foot traffic from the cruise ships coming in and out.
The food was good. We only had appetizers so i cant say much about the whole menu. We had the scallops and the peel and eat shrimp appetizers and I can say that the peel and eat shrimp appetizer was a meal for two people let alone an appetizer.
The drinks were amazing! We had blueberry mojitos and it was literally the best mojito I have ever had.
The service was very friendly and the staff was very helpful on menu decisions. I would highly suggest this place for a quick bite or for really good drinks.

1  Thank Dadootdoot