All reviews heritage room abbe suite blue hill somes sound bay room candied bacon huevos rancheros acadia national park homemade treats whoopie pies separate entrance wonderful hosts the main house b bs sitting room claw foot tub each morning
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Jim and Anna were such warm and gracious hosts. We could not have asked for a smoother stay. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious and we could barely utter a word while savoring it. Anna left us a bag of lemon crinkles for the remainder of our road trip as well! The place is also delightfully cozy, especially for a stay during March. It's a quieter season, but well worth it to see Acadia in snow!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CSIBARHARHOR, Owner at Coach Stop Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi Ivy, Thank you so much for your visit and thoughtful review. Anna and I really enjoyed your stay and hope you’ll return with a repeat guest VIP discount! (We’ll bake-up a another fresh batch of our lemon crinkle cookies too.). Our best wishes on your exciting and upcoming life adventures. Jim & Anna

Reviewed 18 March 2018

If you are looking for the best Bar Harbor has to offer, look no further! Jim and Anna are not only world class when it comes to cuisine, but the hospitality they provide is unsurpassed. The attention to detail and guest predilections can not be found anywhere else. Not only do they go above and beyond for guest comfort, but they are attuned to the finely nuanced needs that most guest are reticent to share...(i.e. savory or sweet; comfy and cozy or out-doorsy; etc...). It would take more space than what is allotted here, to fully detail the magic that is the Coach Stop Inn. Trust me, this is your place!

Room tip: Anywhere in the Inn is spectacular!
Date of stay: March 2018

Hi Gina,

Your visit to Coach Stop was such a delight. Anna and I love repeat guests, even more so when celebrating special events. Please come back next year too. All our best and our thoughts are still with you over Bentley too. Take care. Jim & Anna

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I won a night at the Coach Stop Inn at a local fundraiser. My boyfriend and I decided to use it as a one-night-get-away to celebrate Valentine's day- even though we both live nearby. Best. Idea. Ever! Jim and Anna generously treated us like paying guests, letting us reserve a suite with a fireplace, cooking us a delicious gourmet breakfast, and allowing a late checkout. They were super friendly too, great hosts!! When we arrived, tea and homemade chocolate peanut butter bars were available in the dining room. The inn is very nicely appropriated, keeping a colonial feeling with modern amenities. A common room with fireplace was available with books and games and local information. Our suite included a couch and tv, with separate bedroom with a queen size bed. Our breakfast of ricotta pancakes, warm blueberry compote and italian sausage was fantastic. We stuck around and played scrabble in the parlor after breakfast, just enjoying the coziness. It was a sweet romantic get-away-not-very-far-away and we loved it.

Date of stay: February 2018

Hi Deborah,

So nice to hear from you - thanks for your comments. It was great fun for Anna and I to host you for your Valentines Day get away. That’s true all-the-more with you being local and a fellow supporter of Open Table MDI. (A great island program.). Anna and I look forward to seeing you again. Please remember that we enjoy offering repeat guests (and personal referrals) a 15% VIP discount too.

All our best,

Jim & Anna

Reviewed 17 January 2018

This was our first visit to the Bar Harbor area and the Couch Stop was a great place to stay. We liked that it was out from town so it was quiet and access to town was easy since Anna told us about a back way.
Jim and Anna are wonderful hosts. A sporting event was on the afternoon we arrived that we wanted to watch. Jim had the television on and tuned to the station we needed. Now that is going above and beyond in my book.
The room was the Blue Hill Bay I think. It was quite comfortable with plenty of space for luggage and relaxing. A small fridge for keeping adult beverages and leftovers was a bonus.
The breakfasts were delicious. I have food allergies but Jim and Anna were very accommodating. I informed them ahead of time so they could be prepared and I would not miss out on a great breakfast! In the afternoon Anna left cookies, cakes and candies in the dining room that we had for late night snacks. Very rich and well worth the calories!
We have stayed at many B&Bs in the US and the UK. The Coach Stop is in my top 3! If 6 stars were available I would do that.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank Mary Ann M

Hi Mary Ann,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write. Anna and I make a little game out of finding some detail to stand out for each guest so pre-tuning your TV for the game was an easy one for me that day! Thanks too for letting us know about your dietary needs. Breakfast is our favorite part and we want all our guests to feel that way too. We hope to see you again (15% VIP repeat guest discount!); we’ll work to improve Coach Stop’s ranking from your top 3 US/UK inns to the top 1. ;)

All our best,

Jim & Anna

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Coach Stop Inn was a great place to stay in Bar Harbor area. It is a quiet area with a beautiful neighborhood. The home is wonderfully restored and our room was very comfortable. But, the breakfasts were probably the best part - probably the best breakfasts we have ever had at a B and B - upscale chef quality with unique, well prepared specialties like Dutch Babies and pork loin for breakfast. We so enjoyed our stay and highly recommend the Coach Stop Inn.

Date of stay: October 2017