“Great service, quiet, beautiful views”
Review of The Bayview

The Bayview
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We stayed at the Bayview in October for my birthday. It was a milestone birthday, and when we were led to our room, I opened the door to find a bottle of bubbly chilling, a birthday cake, and a vase full of red roses. My husband (who never does our travel planning) had arranged it all with the help of the staff at the Bayview. And I have to say, the cake was the best I've ever had, so the staff certainly knows the local bakers well!

You simply have to ask at the Bayview and you shall receive. From plates and silverware for our cake, to the on-demand shuttle into town (which works very well and makes it easy to go in and out of town), everything is taken care of. The room decor is very simple, so don't expect something super luxurious. It's the private balcony with its views, the quiet atmosphere, and the service (you don't have to worry about a thing because they've taken care of it all) that makes this place special.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank okigirl1
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Thank you so much for the lovely review. It is a great for us to know that people do appreciate the extra touches we try to give and understand how important your vacation is to us. Perhaps we have a mutual admiration society going on here because we were all very impressed with your husband's advance planning too! I think you described us perfectly and we are all pleased that your milestone birthday was such a success! Please come back again when you want to celebrate, a happy occasion is always fun AND we would love to see what your husband comes up with next time! Thank you again!

Reviewed 1 January 2013

The free shuttle was great as were the breakfasts. Our suite was well-appointed and (almost) bigger than our house...it's located on a busy street, so walking into town isn't so easy (see the free shuttle), but that also means it's quiet and restful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank mccambjd
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Thank you! As a local I think the location is great too! I live downtown and really appreciate the peacefulness of being here on the water. The shuttle is always a hit, and I think our drivers are all so helpful and friendly. As for the food, I agree with you. I have always heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we know we start our guests out right! I think you must have stayed in a townhouse and they are very large. I like the fact that everyone can stay together but there is always a spot you can go to and get away! Thank you again and please come back in the future!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

We had a terrific experience staying at the Bayview. The townhouse was perfect for my family with 2 young kids. We enjoyed all of the extra room and having a washer and dryer and full kitchen was quite handy. The shuttle was a great plus! We always had someone willing and ready to drive us to downtown. Al even drove me to the starting line of the MDI marathon at 7AM, which allowed my family to sleep in and catch up with me at the finish line.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Allison W

Thank you! We give you the credit for running in the Marathon, driving you down was a pleasure for Al. He and I had intended to do the half marathon but obviously that didn't happen! I totally agree with you about the town homes, they are great for families traveling that need the extra space and convenience of a home away from home . We all hope you return next year and run the marathon again too. It is a wonderful event at the perfect time of year. We really appreciate the lovely review!

Reviewed 22 November 2012

My wife & I stayed here for a couple of nights in Sept 2012. We had a king room which was spacious, well fiurnished and had good sea views. Hotel is about a 25 minute walk from the centre of Bar Harbor, so a pleasant walk, or alternatively the hotel runs an on demand shuttle to & from town. Staff are very friendly and helpful and breakfasts are good. We would certainly stay here again if in Bar Harbor.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alastair_8
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Thank you for your great review. I am so pleased you said it was an enjoyable walk into town. I think it is a beautiful walk, not crowded and a pleasant interlude between our peace and quiet and the hustle and bustle of downtown. Regarding our friendly and helpful staff; I can honestly say we all enjoy what we do, even the Chef (I personally do not enjoy cooking so that always amazes me) likes what she does! Please come stay again, we would welcome you back any day!

Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed here for a night in October and I was very sad that it was only for a night! Such a lovely hotel! The views are amazing and really cannot be beat and the rooms are simply charming! I loved the touch of the flowers in the bathrooms, so sweet!

When enjoying the balcony when getting to the room I even got treated to watching a family of deer frolic about 5 feet in front of our room, while we do have deer at home, nature is always beautiful, no matter the location. However on the oceanfront is even better ;) It was such a great way to welcome us to our stay!

Breakfast was another amazing treat, I was amazed by the delicious spread and felt the need to try a taste of everything and was sad when I got too full to try more! Delicious!

The location is perfect and just a hop from Bar Harbor.

The only downside was no elevators (that we knew of?) so we had to drag our suitcases down the stairs and back up. Not a big deal at all and I'm sure there was a bellhop that could have done for us but oh well!

I hope to visit again someday!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank c0reyann
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Thank you! It's funny you talked about the deer. I pulled in this morning and there were three of them standing in the driveway! It is nice in the early morning to see them strolling the grounds. I am pleased you had such a nice time and wish you could have stayed more than one night too! I will pass along the kudos to the chef on breakfast . You are right, we have no elevator but we have bellmen and I wish we had helped you. That is one thing we want all of our guests to know, if you need anything just ask! Thank you again and please do come back !