“Quick, Reasonable, and Great Ice Cream”

Peppers Pizza & Subs
Ranked #80 of 153 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped here a few times during our visit to bar harbor. They offer slices as well as full pies, sandwiches and salads. It served our family of seven well when we needed quick and relatively inexpensive. Ice cream was delicious. There was a black raspberry with chocolate chunks that I might dream about for quite some time. Their Sundae? A solo cup with three layers of hot chocolate and two of ice cream.

One more thing...it is close to acadia entrance.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We were on our way up to Thunder Hole and stopped here for some lunch. It was the perfect place to stop. The subs were fantastic, and that is coming from a Jersey Girl! The turkey was freshly carved, not processed. I also tried my first blueberry soda here which was also great!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Just stopped in for lunch we all had a slice of pizza and my dad had hot roast beef sandwhich. Pizza was ok, roast beef was cold.

The woman taking the orders needs a lesson in customer service. I imagine that much like ourselves most customers are tourists meaning we have never been to this place before so no lady we have no idea how things work here. And when answering a question a little eye contact and perhaps a smile might be nice even better a response that does not make your paying customer feel as though they are stupid and wasting your time. Will never go back and will spread the word not to waste your time.

1  Thank tindal16
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Went for lunch; I had the small meatball sub with mozzarella and my husband had the small turkey sub with provolone. The meatball sub was really good and filling -- I can't imagine what the large looks like. The surprise was the turkey sub. It was real turkey that was in chunks in the sandwich. He really enjoyed it (so much turkey he couldn't finish it). Got the blueberry soda that is apparently made here in Bar Harbor -- it was really tasty.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

the food and ice cream were good and me and my family went there at 8:55 and they said that they were closed we came back the next day for ice cream and food but overall WOULD NOT come back.