“Good casual sub place”

Ranked #82 of 153 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Went for lunch; I had the small meatball sub with mozzarella and my husband had the small turkey sub with provolone. The meatball sub was really good and filling -- I can't imagine what the large looks like. The surprise was the turkey sub. It was real turkey that was in chunks in the sandwich. He really enjoyed it (so much turkey he couldn't finish it). Got the blueberry soda that is apparently made here in Bar Harbor -- it was really tasty.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

the food and ice cream were good and me and my family went there at 8:55 and they said that they were closed we came back the next day for ice cream and food but overall WOULD NOT come back.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Since Pepper's was close to our motel and we were often tired and unwilling to drive downtown after a busy day, we ate at Pepper's three times during our stay in Bar Harbor. The 16" pizza was very very good. Our only wish was that they would add a middle sized pizza. Although the 16" was great, it was too much for two and their small 10" wasn't nearly big enough, with more crust than toppings, although I must say, their crust is very good. Beware that if you order ice cream, you probably won't need two scoops since their scoops are very generous. I prefer their simpler flavors, but that's probably just me. I'm not a lover of dark chocolate and there were dark chocolate chips or chunks in many flavors, even their blueberry, which seemed a bit odd to me. The hot fudge sundae, on the other hand, was very good. There's not a lot of room in the restaurant, very casual with about five booths and a few highboy tables plus a few tables outside, but to us, the quality of food and service is more important and that was very good overall. We thought the women at the counter were very friendly too. There is plenty of room to park in a gravel lot.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Got a pizza to go and sat and had ice cream while we waited. The ice cream was fantastic. We had this marshmallowy flavor that we actually went back for a few later. The pizza was pricey but good. The manager was really friendly.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

I always grab pizza from Peppers once when visiting Bar Harbor. I've had pizza at 3 or 4 other places in and around BH over the years and this is still my favorite. Just outside of BH at Hull's Cove, not a far drive whether you're right in town or somewhere along rt 3 to Trenton.