“Waste of time and money”

The Beach Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #19 of 140 Restaurants in Tumon
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Beach Restaurant and Bar at Gun Beach, Tumon, Guam is every beach lover’s idea of a perfect spot. Soak in the rays on the chaise lounges as you gaze across the beautiful sandy Guam beach at the flawless horizon of Tumon Bay. Dig into delicious Sushi Burgers, fresh Guam BBQ and Chamorro food at this beach front bar and restaurant. During the day, the Beach Bar is a perfect Guam restaurant for the entire family. Enjoy beach volleyball or just chill by the sea with Guam’s best drinks. As the sun sets, The Beach Restaurant & Bar turns into a romantic location with the most spectacular sunsets you’ve ever seen! Tables are often sold out due to Guam travelers’ feedback from FIT travelers and others. Table reservations are highly recommended. There is also a sofa reservation available for larger groups or a romantic couple. Chill out in style on Guam’s warm tropical beach as you sip on delicious original cocktails and indulge in a sumptuous dinner or appetizers.
Reviewed 14 February 2024

Terrible quality of food, my tomatoes were hard and greener than my avocados…grilled salmon was raw…very pricey just for the view

Date of visit: February 2024
BGTours Guam, General Manager at The Beach Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2024

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We apologize for the food quality issues you encountered. Your feedback is valuable, and we'll address this with our team. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 12 February 2024 via mobile

Not sure what was the worst part?
The lack of service?
The attitude?
Or the food?

I definitely do not recommend this place

Date of visit: February 2024

We're sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. We take your feedback seriously. Could you share more details about your visit? This will help us address and improve the issues you've raised. We appreciate your input.

Reviewed 29 September 2023

I am extremely disappointed with quality of food that was served to us. We ordered Seafood Pasta and the Fried Chicken Breasts and Angus Hamburger. All were below my expectations. The Seafood pasta was bland and not well seasoned. There was just 3 pieces of fried chicken breasts which again tasted bland and fries which were unsalted, extremely over-priced for such a serving. The Angus burger was also bland with very little to no garnishing. We have dined at the Beach before and the quality of food has deteriorated from the last time we dined there. But I should say, the customer service was very friendly and accommodating, which was the main consoling factor for our visit. I hope management could look into the food that is coming out of the kitchen...you may be losing some old local patrons and tourists...just an advise.

Date of visit: September 2023
Dayna Masnayon, Other at The Beach Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2024

Hi C8088XCjoeya,

Thank you for returning and giving us your honest feedback. We hope to better the quality of not only our services but our food as well. We will continue to review our menu with careful consideration in hopes to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2023

This restaurant has the best sunset dinner view on Guam, hands down. That alone is worth a trip. And the atmosphere is a nice, casual, open beach-bar vibe. But both the "craft cocktails" and food need major help. I tried a Moscow mule and a margarita--both were terrible in terms of flavor and alcohol/mixer balance.

We had the loaded fries and loaded nachos for appetizers. Not sure what they were loaded with, but they were both nearly inedible. The nachos were coated with Cheez-Whiz (or similar), and I think there was maybe a tablespoon total of ground beef. That is not an exaggeration. My group got burgers and sandwiches, which were mediocre. I ventured for the fish dish, which started to feel like a risk. The fish itself was edible, but I did not touch the softball-size ball of glue under it that was supposed to be rice. It came with vegetables, but whatever they were looked inedible and I wasn't taking any chances.

The service was friendly but spotty.

It makes me really sad to write this review!! As a former resident of Guam and recent visitor, I have eaten here in previous years, and it was decent. This time around? Wow...I hope they can improve, because this place has TONS of potential.

Date of visit: August 2023
Dayna Masnayon, Other at The Beach Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2024

We apologize for the mediocre experience you had at Beach Bar. However, we now have a new and improved menu. It contains our bartenders' signature drinks along with the classics. The food menu was also expanded and updated. I hope the next time you visit, we will be able to give you a better experience. We value your opinions and concerns so, thank you for the honest feedback.

Reviewed 15 May 2023 via mobile

Amazing sunset location, but that is about where it ends. Service was slow and confused, long waiting time despite being less than 1/3 capacity. We finally gave up waiting and moved on. A shame because the location was spectacular.

Date of visit: May 2023