“Go for the view...perhaps drink and dine elsewhere.”

The Beach Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #19 of 140 Restaurants in Tumon
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Beach Restaurant and Bar at Gun Beach, Tumon, Guam is every beach lover’s idea of a perfect spot. Soak in the rays on the chaise lounges as you gaze across the beautiful sandy Guam beach at the flawless horizon of Tumon Bay. Dig into delicious Sushi Burgers, fresh Guam BBQ and Chamorro food at this beach front bar and restaurant. During the day, the Beach Bar is a perfect Guam restaurant for the entire family. Enjoy beach volleyball or just chill by the sea with Guam’s best drinks. As the sun sets, The Beach Restaurant & Bar turns into a romantic location with the most spectacular sunsets you’ve ever seen! Tables are often sold out due to Guam travelers’ feedback from FIT travelers and others. Table reservations are highly recommended. There is also a sofa reservation available for larger groups or a romantic couple. Chill out in style on Guam’s warm tropical beach as you sip on delicious original cocktails and indulge in a sumptuous dinner or appetizers.
Reviewed 28 August 2023

This restaurant has the best sunset dinner view on Guam, hands down. That alone is worth a trip. And the atmosphere is a nice, casual, open beach-bar vibe. But both the "craft cocktails" and food need major help. I tried a Moscow mule and a margarita--both were terrible in terms of flavor and alcohol/mixer balance.

We had the loaded fries and loaded nachos for appetizers. Not sure what they were loaded with, but they were both nearly inedible. The nachos were coated with Cheez-Whiz (or similar), and I think there was maybe a tablespoon total of ground beef. That is not an exaggeration. My group got burgers and sandwiches, which were mediocre. I ventured for the fish dish, which started to feel like a risk. The fish itself was edible, but I did not touch the softball-size ball of glue under it that was supposed to be rice. It came with vegetables, but whatever they were looked inedible and I wasn't taking any chances.

The service was friendly but spotty.

It makes me really sad to write this review!! As a former resident of Guam and recent visitor, I have eaten here in previous years, and it was decent. This time around? Wow...I hope they can improve, because this place has TONS of potential.

Date of visit: August 2023
Dayna Masnayon, Other at The Beach Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2024

We apologize for the mediocre experience you had at Beach Bar. However, we now have a new and improved menu. It contains our bartenders' signature drinks along with the classics. The food menu was also expanded and updated. I hope the next time you visit, we will be able to give you a better experience. We value your opinions and concerns so, thank you for the honest feedback.

Reviewed 15 May 2023 via mobile

Amazing sunset location, but that is about where it ends. Service was slow and confused, long waiting time despite being less than 1/3 capacity. We finally gave up waiting and moved on. A shame because the location was spectacular.

Date of visit: May 2023
Reviewed 11 February 2023

Not sure what is going on here but we have experienced a serious decline in service and quality. We dined here our first week in Guam and it was excellent all around but each time we go the drinks are a little more watered-down and the serivice gets a little more mediocre and the food gets a little worse. I mean there is no way I should be perfectly sober after three expensive maragaritas. It's a woderful spot to watch the sunset so it has the great location and island-vibe but I'm hesitant to go back unless I am on the beach anyway. I'll give it another chance but the next visit may be my last.

Date of visit: December 2022
Reviewed 14 November 2022

Good place to eat and have a drink! Especially with a wonderful sunset view! Staff were kind and quick to response.

Date of visit: November 2022
Reviewed 21 July 2022

Food was just bar food, and the service was just OK at best. Gave it three stars only because the sunsets from that location are stunning.

Date of visit: July 2022