“What happened”

The Beach Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #19 of 140 Restaurants in Tumon
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Beach Restaurant and Bar at Gun Beach, Tumon, Guam is every beach lover’s idea of a perfect spot. Soak in the rays on the chaise lounges as you gaze across the beautiful sandy Guam beach at the flawless horizon of Tumon Bay. Dig into delicious Sushi Burgers, fresh Guam BBQ and Chamorro food at this beach front bar and restaurant. During the day, the Beach Bar is a perfect Guam restaurant for the entire family. Enjoy beach volleyball or just chill by the sea with Guam’s best drinks. As the sun sets, The Beach Restaurant & Bar turns into a romantic location with the most spectacular sunsets you’ve ever seen! Tables are often sold out due to Guam travelers’ feedback from FIT travelers and others. Table reservations are highly recommended. There is also a sofa reservation available for larger groups or a romantic couple. Chill out in style on Guam’s warm tropical beach as you sip on delicious original cocktails and indulge in a sumptuous dinner or appetizers.
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I used to come here every few weeks for The last few years. We brought all visitors and I organized a big event here a few years ago......they hired a slew of new people who are no longer with them....they all knew everything! The menu has changed dramatically... it is totally for the tourist. I don’t need pictures of my food. You have offended your regular and local guest with this menu.

There was a great find that almost one person would always order. It was the Chamorro plate....it was approx $16 and is now $29. That is a huge increase!

I ordered calamari as an app at the bar....price increased, recipe changed and it was sent back twice...I couldn’t eat it. It was like soggy/chewy calamari.

What you were doing was not broken....everyone understands price increases but yours are ridiculous.

I hope you make some changes.....and think about the people that live here that loved The Beach and shared it!

Date of visit: October 2018
3  Thank Clarice-CO

Reviewed 19 August 2018

My wife and I had a buffet dinner here and watched a Chammoro dance performance which included singing, "hula" dancing, and a fire show! The buffet was mostly bbq and quite good!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018

It's a nice place to drink, eat, and relax. The service was great and friendly~
But it was a pity that there's no more

Date of visit: July 2018
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Anytime there is the sun setting, wind in your hair, sand in your toes, and the water off your back —- you will have 5 STARS EVERYTIME. I am a beach bum.

Date of visit: July 2018
Dale F, Guest Relations Manager at The Beach Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2019

Hafa Adai!

Thank you for reviewing us 5 points! Woohoo! Thats Paradise! We are glad that you had a soothing time at our Beach bar.
We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Come for the scenery; the beach,the ocean, nearby cliffs with tropical palms and the sunset because the food is just so-so and the service is really bad (They charge an automatic 15% service fee so the wait-staff have no incentive to give good service) After asking the waiter several times for another beer as he ran past our table I finally just went up to the bar and got another one myself. The beer battered fish & chips was just alright (And you're ok with inattentive wait-staff) but you like gorgeous scenery then this is the place to go.

Date of visit: June 2018