“Must-Do on Guam!”
Review of Alupang Beach Club

Alupang Beach Club
Reviewed 21 May 2017

I've lived on Guam my whole 25 years of existence and only experienced ABC water activities now. I have been missing out. Went with a group of friends and did the complete package, which consisted of dolphin watching, snorkeling, parasailing, jet skis, SUP boards, banana boat, and kayaks. it also included all you can eat lunch buffet! it was all fun, the food was good, and one thing that really made it a great experience was the hospitality of the staff. They were extremely accommodating and friendly! It was a fun and eventful day, as we started at 9AM and ended at 5PM. Definitely a MUST-DO for everyone visiting or even living on Guam!

1  Thank Kev J
Stephen G, Director of Sales at Alupang Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Hafa Adai Kev J,

At ABC We strive to provide excellent customer service in a professional and safe environment. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience!

I am glad that you were able to participate in Package #12. It has the best value on Guam for its price. Additionally, it is a long day of activities that will really show you the fun and beauty of Guam.

Si Yu'us Ma'ase for coming to ABC!

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Alupang Beach Club

Reviewed 8 March 2017

We did the dolphin watch package, which includes snorkelling, banana boat, lunch and use of the facilities ie lockers, reef shoes, free water and more. The staff were excellent very friendly and helpful, we did see dolphins and the snorkelling in the ocean was fantastic. Lunch was fried chicken, vegetable curry, rice and was nice. We did the Eco snorkel, canoeing and we had a fab day. Would definitely recommend.

Stephen G, Director of Sales at Alupang Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2017

Hafa Adai Denise,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice and detailed review.

Thank you for showing how many other options are included when you purchase any of our main packages.

Certainly, the tour and the free accoutrements add value to each and every one of our tours. We are very excited and glad to hear that our staff were excellent, friendly and helpful.

Please let us know when you are back in town. We would love to have you again!

My sincerest regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Great customer service! Must try banana boat, jet ski & para sailing. Access to kayaks, SUP, paddle boats. Free Wifi, beach shoes, lockers and lunch. Enjoy Guam at ABC.

Stephen G, Director of Sales at Alupang Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Maximus Guam,

Thank you for your review of ABC!

We are happy that you had a good time.
As you have noted, there are many options to choose from at ABC.
Additionally, we have incredible value built into all of our packages.

We hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 February 2017

I wish TripAdvisor would let me post a review of my entire holiday in Guam, but since they don't, I'll post it here with my review of Alupang Beach Club since this was the highlight of my 9-day visit to Guam. (Hope you don't mind Alupang Beach Club!)

Pretty much every tourist-attraction in Guam is over-priced, twice as much or more that you'd generally be charged somewhere else. (For example, my first day in Guam was spent at Tumon Beach, behind Nana's Cafe, where I rented a lounge chair for the whole day for $50).

But Alupang Beach Club....it truly felt like I was getting my money's worth. (Not to mention, it felt good spending money there as I was informed that most of the proceeds of ABC goes to philanthropic work.)

The way ABC works is you can buy various packages, and each package differs in what you get. At first I got Package 12, which included Dolphin watching, Ocean Snorkeling, Parasailing, Jet Ski, Banana Boat, free lunch buffet (from 10:30 to 3:30), access to all water toys (kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, paddle boats), a lounge chair, a free locker, water shoes, and even free rock-painting. All for $150. (Free wifi there, too.)

However, since I wanted to just chill at the beach, I changed packages once I found out that the Dolphin Watching cruise (and ocean snorkeling) was a 3 hour trip away. (Which, by the way, 6 boats the previous day were all successful in spotting dolphins on their tour.). My new package went down to $115. So pretty much this has got to be the cheapest tourist package in the world for what you get. (Children are $50 no matter what package you get, plus an extra $20 for the Banana Boat.)

The parasailing was incredibly fun, but only lasted between 3-5 minutes. Banana boating was also fun, too, and especially the jet skiing (which lasted much longer than expected). Lunch was Asian cuisine and was hot and fulfilling.

The best aspect about ABC, however, is the staff: those behind the scenes organizing trips, those at the front desk, and all the staff on the beach, all were super friendly to everyone, as well as patient, polite, competent, organized, attentive, smiley and thoughtful. (For example, one staff member, when he saw my daughter was apprehensive about parasailing, talked with her and was able to greatly calm her fears). They must learn by example because the owner, Steve, he was just as friendly as all of his staff. I saw him walk around the beach, talk with guests, and ensure they were having a good time and all their needs were being met.

As I said before, ABC was the highlight of my trip to Guam. And this says a lot since I was on the island for 9 days, and with my rented car from Enterprise (covering over 300 miles on one tank of gas), I did most everything a tourist possibly could:

~ Underwater World's walk-through aquarium was very cool (though I never did the
sea-walk).
~ Two Lovers Point (and it's outdoor restaurant) has amazing ocean views.
~ Latte Stone Park was small but informative.
~ Talafofo Falls Park was dirty, run-down and strange (the only thing worth seeing
there, really, was Yokoi's cave, the Japanese soldier who hid out for 28 years after
WWII ended).
~ Asan Bay Overlook (War in the Pacific Historical Park) was flat, massive and
beautiful.
~ Inarajan Pools Beach is A MUST.
~ Fort Apugan was small but had cool canons and views of the ocean and city.
~ Latte of Freedom a must (it's described as the Statue of Liberty of the West)
~ Gun Beach was relaxing (Beach Bar pricey for mediocre food; and next to Tao Tao
Tasi buffet and cultural show which I recommend)
~ Hilaan Beach is also a must. (Park in the Tanguissan Beach parking lot, and to the
far right near the edge of the waves you'll find the entrance to a coral pathway;
take that and go even further along the beach until you spot some dome rocks in
the ocean; wade through to the water, and climb on top: perfect holiday picture
location).
~ Talaifak Bridge was super small, and a little unimpressive.
~ Chamorro Village's Wednesday Night Market was massively busy but good BBQ
and typical local souvenir items; (get there early for parking!).
~ The Guam museum was very informative.
~ Fish Eye Marine Park has a lower deck where you can view fish underwater; (and
the restaurant across the street has a decent buffet and live music). Also a great
place to snorkel as you can just enter the water from the beach; just be careful of
the current.
~ Onward Beach Water Park was small but their 5 rides, lazy river, wave pool, pool
bar, and beach access made 4 hours fly by fast.
~ Don't expect to go diving unless 1) You pay $150 for a guided tour, 2) You have a
dive buddy, or 3) It's the weekend and you do a shore dive.
~ There's also bowling, movie cinemas, and outlet shopping malls you can do.

Like I said before, most of these tourist attractions and excursions were way over-priced, which made Alupang Beach Club feel like a total deal. But that's not how I felt exactly. I felt like I was being told, "We don't really want your money; we just want you to have an amazingly fun day at the beach."

Thank you, ABC, for helping to make my holiday in Guam with my daughter so memorable and enjoyable.

P.S. I hear you can get a divorce in Guam after establishing residency, which only takes 7 days. So if you're asked if you're a local, and you plan to stay in Guam 7 days or more, I guess it technically isn't lying if you say yes, you just moved to Guam and are now a resident; massive discounts ensue if you're a local.

P.P.S. I left my laptop at the airport on my return to Hong Kong. If you lose something at Guam's airport, you can contact Lost and Found directly at 1-671-642-4530. If you left something at the TSA screening, you can call 1-671-642-0200.)

2  Thank Matttrepid
Stephen G, Director of Sales at Alupang Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Dear Matttrepid,

You certainly have described everything that we hoped to accomplish. We are incredibly value-packed, and we strive to make the customer experience the best it possibly can be.

Your observation regarding our President Steve is incredibly astute. His work ethic and passion for customers is only matched by his ability to facilitate that into ABC's corporate culture.

We are truly humbled by your gracious, detailed and honest review of ABC. Guests like yourself are making our jobs so fun and rewarding. Thank you for your review of ABC!

Si Yu'us Ma'ase,

Stephen G.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

If you don't have fun here, that's because you can't have fun anywhere. Get the whole package and don't miss out on a single activity

Stephen G, Director of Sales at Alupang Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Hafa Adai Bryana,

Si Yu'us Ma'ase for your helpful and poignant review!

I also agree that ABC is packed with fun and incredible value. The Whole Package is incredibly affordable, and to my knowledge we are the only place in the world where a family can Dolphin Watch, Parasail, JetSki, Banana Boat, Kayak, Snorkel, Pedal Boat, Stand Up PaddleBoard, Play Beach Volleyball, Lounge on Beach Chair, enjoy an unlimited buffet, and many more activities in a single day.

Thank you again for your review of Alupang Beach Club.

Please be sure to contact us when you are coming back to Guam.

Si Yu'us Ma'ase!