“A great place to stay far from the maddening...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ductbert
Normal, Illinois
“A great place to stay far from the maddening crowds”
Reviewed 7 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

If you're looking to stay in a quiet place far away from the crowds of Waikiki then this is an excellent choice. It's a particularly good choice if you've booked a flying lesson at dawn with Paradise Air (which I highly recommend) as it's only a couple of miles to Dillingham Airfield.

The location is far away enough from everything to give you a peaceful feeling of isolation from the rest of the world and some beautiful starscapes at night yet close enough to Haleiwa that you can get pretty much anything that you would need like groceries, gas, etc. (Malama Market in Haleiwa sells some good staples including a store-baked Japanese style bread that's great for toast).

The dwelling itself was very clean and pleasantly decorated. The hardwood floors are beautiful and the bathroom were very nicely done, too. Having the outdoor shower was an unexpected plus for washing off ourselves and our gear after being in the ocean and on the beach. The kitchen was well-equipped. We ate breakfast and cooked a few dinners there which saved a considerable amount of money.

Perhaps the biggest plus is the outdoor washer and dryer that is free to use; they even provide detergent. I can't stress how great the ability to do laundry is on a trip to Hawaii. For a three week trip we only had to pack a week's worth of clothes (our last place didn't have free laundry facilities). It makes a lot more room in the suitcase to bring home bottles of Koloa Rum (you can't ship those).

I would consider staying again (unless I decide the lack of A/C is too much to handle), but I have a few small suggestions for improvement.

1. I wished that I had a mini vacuum cleaner to clean up the floor after ourselves; the broom and dustpan just wasn't doing the job.

2. The stand fan (critical to keeping cool) needs to be either replaced or completely disassembled and cleaned. (I would have done it but I didn't have a screwdriver). It was so full of dust that we were sneezing constantly (until I got much of it out by getting creative with the dustpan brush).

3. The bed frame blends in so well with the floor that on more than one occasion I banged my foot against the bed post. I piled my luggage around it to prevent that from happening again. I don't know if there's anything that can be done about that; just be careful.

4. The mattress is worn out and needs to be replaced.

I'd like to end my review with a word of warning to those who can't live without air conditioning. This vacation rental, along with most others like it, relies upon the cool sea breezes to keep it comfortable. If you get those breezes to flow freely through the windows then it's not too bad (one night I actually woke up shivering). However, if you do not get those breezes, the place can turn into a sweat box. The only escape is the shower or rental car. If you cannot tolerate the potential discomfort of not having air conditioning then you should consider staying at a hotel or resort that has it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Laundry facilities, location
Liked least: Lack of A/C and/or cooling sea breezes
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
627raeda
South Jordan, Utah
“So clean, quiet, friendly and comfortable”
Reviewed 7 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Property is secured with an electric gate making for a comfortable feeling of safety. Very near the beach on beautiful grassy, grounds with many trees for shade. Very easy to find. Owners are very accomodating.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Easy \, friendly access and exceptionally clean.
Liked least: The bed could be replaced for a more comfortable sleep.
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing