“Time tested and always great!”

Buzz's Original Steak House
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Pearl City
Price range: USD 0 - USD 30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We just love Buzz’s for their excellent and fresh salad bar as well as early bird specials. We had friends visiting from out-of-State, thus the reason for the occasion.

We ordered either the prime rib or Ahi choices. Marvelous! Just loved everything including the buttered French bread, service, setting, etc.

We pray this establishment endures the business climate of the islands. It would ashamed if it did not exist for generations to come.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I hear many great things about this place but wasn't overly impressed. I prefer the Cattle Company which is right down the street in the area. Much better places to grab a steak on the island.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

typically dine here once a Hawaii visit because my mother likes a baked potato with her steak and getting reservations at Cattle Company down the street is becoming very difficult, their quality, average, also.

Place as mentioned in an earlier review is aging and tired looking. Decent welcome, though, seated promptly, view ok for "viewer types". Steak quality average to below average, salad bar decent and certainly a plus as it's included in most entrees but not overly spectacular. Lots of families there for dinner, a popular place, full tables but after dining here more than several times it appears that most folks in Hawaii don't know what a good steak is due to fact that most steakhouses don't offer good quality steaks and with this type of establishment being popular as it is there's no urgency to improve.

Gonna re-think returning. I'll grill something much better at my mother's home.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I had dinner e with friends and family here before a redeye flight back to the mainland. It is convenient to the airport, up on a hill with cool views. We had a mix of steaks and seafoods and everyone was quite pleased. The Mai Tai was good so was the food. It was a great last evening in Oahu.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Pros:

1. Good view of Honolulu
2. Not too difficult to find, parking spots are clearly labeled for "Buzz's"
3. Salad bar excellent, decent bread
4. Friendly staff

Cons:

1. Overpriced, even for Hawaii
2. Extremely limited kids menu, basically teriyaki steak or fried chicken fingers (which looked about like something from the frozen grocery store isle), that's it.

My experience:

Ordered a Top Sirloin steak, 10oz for $24.99 and requested medium doneness.

Steak served lukewarm at best, very tough and chewy with too much gristle and poor flavor. Nothing I would expect from a specialty Steakhouse.

I took three bites and sent it back, server was nice, but really didn't seem to care. No manager ever came out to find out the problem, no follow-up from anyone.

Side-dishes are very limited, I ordered garlic mashed potatoes, which where thick, heavy, and chunky. I personally prefer a lighter creamier, smooth mashed tators, that's just a preference so no "deduction" in rating for that...just be aware.

My wife ordered salmon, is wasn't bad, but nothing set it apart...I noticed she didn't finish it either.

My rating is solely based on the quality of food and lack of concern over an almost entirely uneaten meal returned, which I have done probably less than 3 or 4 times my entire adult life.

People were friendly, hostess was very accommodating, but I recommend elsewhere.