“Cultural Honeymoon ”

Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Laie
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Polynesian Cultural Center, voted the #1 attraction in Hawaii by USA Today, is located along the famous North Shore of Oahu. Explore 42 acres of tropical splendor featuring 6 authentic villages representing the island cultures of Hawaii, Fiji, Aotearoa (New Zealand), Samoa, Tahiti, and Tonga. Mingle with Pacific islanders as they share the majesty of their culture through music, dance and traditional hands-on activities. Our most popular dining option is the award-winning Ali’i Luau. This royal feast blends a delicious array of island and mainland dishes with the excitement of authentic island entertainment from across Polynesia. Finish your adventure though the power of “Ha: Breath of Life,” an action-packed evening show. Ignited by fire, song and dance featuring over 100 Polynesian performers, this story of passion will make this day a truly unforgettable experience. The Polynesian Cultural Center: all of Polynesia in one exciting place.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The weather on Oahu is fickle so don’t plan your visit based upon the weather report. Just book it and go. We did and had a wonderful experience in the park. We booked the Ambassador Luau package which turned out to be perfect for us. The gates open at 11:30am so we stopped in Haleiwa and had lunch before arriving at the PCC. We arrived around 12:15 went to the ticket area and showed our pass. The next thing you know we were in a group of 16 lead by a wonderful young woman from the Philippines by the name of Nephi. She did a fantastic job taking us around to at least 5 different and distinct tribal villages. It turned out to be a wonderful tour of Polynesia, Micronesia and Malaysia. We had opportunities to learn first hand at each island w3 visited. The students at BYUH do a fantastic job portraying and representing their native islands. They kept it entertaining, light and educational. After our island tours we had about 30 minutes to relax prior to the luau starting. We were seated at 5:30, the meal was ready by 5:45 and there was a magnificent buffet. If you left hungry it is because you wanted to. During the luau there was entertainment on stage. At 7:30 pm the show “HA” started promptly and was the best Polynesian spectaculars I have ever seen. Great value for 5he dollars spent and I would do it again!!

Write a ReviewReviews (7,782)
All reviews
in 80 reviews
"front row seats"
in 103 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was an incredible day trip! I now feel like I have visited 6 places not sure Hawaii.
The Luau and evening show was amazing. I would recommend this Centre to all!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

It’s a Amazing a must tour for anyone who wants to learn about the Ploynesian culture. Spend roughly whole day and it was great. Food was ok but adequate for the family. Don’t miss this tour when in Hiwaii.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Got back from Oahu recently and like to share my wonderful time with pictures. The PCC is a Polynesian theme park and museum on the northern shore of Oahu, Hawaii, with unique ethnic groups representing the island cultures of Hawaii, like Fiji, Samoa, Tahiti, Tonga etc with their skills and dance. The show at each village were very interesting and some very funny. Visitor can visit Hukilau Marketplace to shop for various Polynesian handiwork’s, clothing, jewelry and sweet treats.

End the night by having the Buffett dinner not fantastic but decent and attending their show “Ha: Breath of Life”. Enjoyed the Samoan fire knife dancing very much. Best part to end the nite.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I came to the cultural center with a rich knowledge of Native American culture and mannerisms. I came with that knowledge and when I saw the canoe pageant, I couldn’t help but have all these questions. I went throughout the park with all these questions and all of them were answered. One woman that was from Tahiti, Annie, was extremely friendly when I asked her about the traditional clothing they would wear when they danced. She answered my question then gave am me a brief story about Tahiti and it just made me feel much more informed and knowledgeable about the world. Come with intelligent questions, and you WILL leave with equally intelligent answers. This is a must visit and you have to allot an entire day to enjoy as much of the park as you can. Again, ask questions, because you will leave satisfied.

Eric W, General Manager at Polynesian Cultural Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

I enjoyed reading about your experience and how you were able to find answers to all of your questions about these cultures. We love sharing the cultures, arts, and crafts of Polynesia as well as helping our guests learn about such an amazing history. Thank you for taking the time to ask us questions and allowing us to share this with you.

Aloha,