All reviews evening reception made to order omelets complimentary breakfast front desk short drive newer hotel premium suite soccer tournament social hour breakfast crew peal harbor room divider portuguese sausage ewa beach usb ports free street parking uber ride
Reviewed 12 December 2017

If you need a great place at a reasonable price this property is it. Great location away from tourists, have a car no issue to see the island within 2 hours. The staff was friendly, Uber and LYFT is available to take you to/from airport. Recommend LYFT to take you from airport, will save minimum 40% on fare. Nice area to take a run or walk, open space and quite for relaxation.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reid Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Oahu Kapolei, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Aloha L8893HQjimd,

Thank you for your recent stay at our new hotel. I'm delighted that you were to able to enjoy all that our hotel and the city of Kapolei has to offer. My only wish is that you get to enjoy an extended stay with us in the not so distant future.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply

Reviewed 12 December 2017

The in room complimentary snacks, cocktail reception & breakfast buffet with omelet bar made it well worth the price for the suite. The staff was great & rooms were nice & accommodating! We will definitely be back for a Staycation!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Aloha 753reggiea,

Thank you so much for your review regarding our new hotel! Yes, our evening reception and breakfast our stand-out pillars that keep guest coming back. I'm excited that our staff were able to make your stay that much more enjoyable. I look forward to further staycations from you in the near future.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

A gem on the leeward coast, we found this hotel to be in a great location! Within walking distant to the supermarket and other dining places, and a short drive to the newest mall, Ka Makana Alii, and other shopping areas

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Aloha tinatupa,

Thank you for booking your O'ahu hotel accommodations with us. I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy the surrounding shopping and entertainment options in Kapolei. Should your future travel plans include Hawaii, I hope you will consider us once again.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

We love going to the Embassy Suite brand of hotels. We wanted to stay close to my brothers home but have our own space. The lobby is gorgeous and welcoming. The staff are always positive and helpful. Our room was advertised as a 2 room suite but it's really a living room (which is counted as 1 room) and a separate bedroom (the second room). The pool is a bit smaller than we're used to but beautiful with the rock waterfall and hot tub. The complimentary breakfast is excellent with an omelette station, bacon, pancakes, assorted pastries, oatmeal with all kinds of fixings, fruit, and a variety of juices. It was the perfect thing to fuel us up before going out and exploring and shopping. We did park on the street though because parking on site is a whopping $25 a day and that's self-parking. We felt that was too much but there's always close by street parking. The price is a bit steep for that side of the island, especially since Hampton (which is 5 minutes away) is more affordable. Overall our entire family loved our stay

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Aloha winks240,

I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm also happy that you were able to enjoy our pool and spa and our famous made-to-order breakfast. Should your future travel plans include O'ahu, I hope you consider our hotel once again. Until that time, my fondest aloha to you!

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

At the time of this writing, Nov. 2017, this hotel is brand new and staffed with outstanding personnel- professional, kind and helpful, always friendly.

This being said, I feel it's important to get the (very few) less fortunate events noted and out of the way:

*Express checkout is not offered here despite the book in the room implying that it is.

* 'Embassy Suites' implies larger rooms as is the case with other Embassy Suites in the Hilton family. The Suite here was a bedroom and loveseat with lamp and desk separated by a sliding, slotted door that allows light and sound to pass through. This was fine for us as a couple however a family of 3 or more may find this constricting.

*The sliding room divider is loud - not buffered like the dresser drawers are. So if your neighbor uses theirs, you will hear it thud against the wall.

*Speaking of thudding- avoid room 217. I enjoyed being right next door to the ( clean, luxurious and well-appointed) gym, until halfway through our stay when we were kept up at night by the amateur weight-lifters who obnoxiously dropped weights causing vibrations so loud that even staff in the lobby wondered what the noise was. Not the hotel's fault, but not great design to allow a 24-hour gym to be adjacent to a guest room.

*The air conditioning can be set only as low as 69°f . There was little circulation. Because our stay coincided with an unusually cool spell, we managed, but Kapolei can get very hot. If you're used to cooler temps for sleeping keep this in mind. We wish the windows could open as Kapolei had some wondered cool breezes that week (which would have saved the hotel Air Conditiong money)! We bought a cheap fan at Don Quixote which helped.

Now for the good aspects of our stay:

* Staff, every single person we encountered was really awesome. Housekeeping was exceptional and even left notes thanking us for tipping. Front desk was sympathetic and immediately gave us a different room when we told them about the amateur weight-dropping event mentioned above.

*Everything is brand new, spotless and modern. The lobby is beautiful, the rooms are comfortable, and the bathrooms have a space-saving sliding door. They're outfitted with either Giovanni organics toiletries or Neutrogena brand. Nice towels, but t.p. and tissue kind of flimsy. Comes with hairdryer. No bathtub, but very spacious shower.

*Safety outlets took some getting used to (to plug things in you have to wiggle/push some) but this is a great feature for families with small kiddos.

*Refrigerator, microwave, cabinet storage and extra sink and mirrors

* I loved the waterfall pool and whirlpool hot tub. I used both of these during the early part of the day so didn't experience crowds. I used the whirlpool because I had it all to myself. The area was clean, nicely landscaped and had plenty of fresh towels and comfortable seats. Pool is small but nice, not a lap pool and doesn't get deeper than 4 ft. Again, spotlessly clean and quite pleasant.

*walkability was great- about 2 or 3 short blocks through Kapolei lofts there are places to get inexpensive good food and a great grocery store. For those of us who enjoy a bit more walking, there's plenty of sidewalks and it felt like a safe neighborhood when I put in my 5 miles.

* With the few exceptions mentioned above our stay was quiet, comfortable and very pleasant. Depending on the time of year, we will likely visit again. I just wish the rooms could be set to be as cool as the lobby and gym.

*Seems wheelchair friendly with a lift at the pool area, wide elevators and doors, accessible shower.

* Free breakfast was great, traditionally mainland style, as well as healthy options available. Local fruit was delicious Maui pineapple.

*Parking was well lit and ample, 20.00/day. Area was nicely landscaped and some covered parking is available as well.

All in all it was a nice experience using this hotel. If they can sort out the A/C and fix the express checkout miscommunication, I'd definitely stay again with no hesitation.

Tips: -floors 6 and 7 on the odd-numbered side of the building allow you a (distant but still cool) view of Le'Ahi / Diamondhead.

- If more than a few nights, maybe spring for a balcony, so you can enjoy the beautiful breezes( assuming those doors open).

- bring your own coffee (nothing personal, I say this in all my hotel reviews) like sbucks via or paper filter pods as they don't have keurigs.

- We didn't use the on site restaurant or bar, nor the Shuttle available to beach.

-Small concession area next to front desk. Laundry and Sunny, comfortable 24-hour gym with beautiful bathrooms, fresh towels, water cooler ample cardio and weights and separate yoga room.

Special thanks to the entire staff for their aloha and hospitality!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank earlybean

Aloha Samantha L,

While delighted you enjoyed our staff, amenities, location and layout of facilities I'm concerned that you had some mixed reviews with the location, room design and cooling system in the room. Our staff and managers continue to work on issues bought up by customers so that future guest stays can be remedied. I hope that you will consider us upon your arrival to West O'ahu.