“Really cute place. Very nice for a couple on a...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Lanikai all fire up in the morning.
Lanikai point
Sunrise on Kailua beach
View over Lanikai
Kailua beach in the morning
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Swedish first
Any
Luanne H
“Really cute place. Very nice for a couple on a budget.”
Reviewed 19 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

This is a very cute and comfortable room and it was very reasonable for Ohau. My husband and I had stayed right on the ocean and paid a lot more on Kuai, but we were looking for a place that was not to far from Pearl Harbor and the North shore and NOT in Honolulu. This was a very good spot. There are lots of nice restaurants in the area, shops too. The family will rent you a kayak if you like. The property is about 3 or 4 blocks from the ocean. You could walk, but if might be difficult to do with beach gear. Tina was lovely to deal with.

Pros
Cute, room was very clean, bathroom shower needs a scrub around the middle
Bed comfortable and decor very attractive
Microwave, Fridge and coffee maker very helpful. There is a little table in the room and a little table outside the room.
Nice family
Price
Towels and other things might need were located in a closet made into a little kitchenette and storage area.
Kayak rental available
Washer and Dryer available at certain times of the day
Pool available only if family is not using it. Permission needed.
Tina gave us great advice about where to eat and what to visit and how to get there. There is a map hanging on the wall in the unit.

Cons
You are staying in a room connected to the house. We could hear them, so we figured they could hear us. We were a little worried about talking too loudly (may not be a good honeymoon room either...)
No view. Windows look out over fence. You can open window to family pool area and that is very pretty, but it also overlooks the family's house, so privacy is lost.
The area where the house is located is not terribly attractive. It is a residential area.
We felt a little confined, but it was fine for a few nights.

Liked best: Decor and owner
Liked least: Bathroom shower - not bad, just needed a scrub in the middle part.
Older travelers
Charlotte...
“Absolutely perfect. Instant relaxation.”
Reviewed 29 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

We were blown away for how great this place was given the pricetag.
A beautiful comfortable room in a really great part of Oahu. The host was lovely to deal with.
Short walking distance to the shops, two beautiful beaches, markets, gear hireage places, restaurants.
The room itself felt like a honeymoon suite, and had it's own entrance down the side of the house, where we often had a wine in the afternoon under the fruit trees. It had all the facilities and extras we could need, even bottles of insect repellant and after-sun in the cupboard!
Thanks so much fo having us.

Travelling group: Friends
People with disabilities Older travelers
Bree F
“Wonderful place that is close to everything.”
Reviewed 27 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

The place was lovely. It had a nice look. The bed was comfortable. Tina had special food treats for us, and a nice collection of restaurants and other vacation activities that we could examine. Really close to the beach, which is amazing and I suggest watching the sunrise there. They were so helpful and friendly. There were towels, soap, body soap, movies, small fridge, microwave, and even medication for sunburns. There were also books, so if you forget yours you will be in safe hands. We left some water noodles and sunscreen because the place was so nice we wanted to give something back. I would totally go back there. Mahalo!

karensSou...
Southern IN
“Great studio and loved the location!”
Reviewed 1 June 2015 for a stay in April 2015

My husband and I had a great stay here and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. I had originally booked us in Honolulu and decided I wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. I discovered Kailua after some research and cannot even begin to tell you how awesome this little town is. It isn't far at all from Honolulu yet it has the feel of being far from the crowds. Kailua is a cute little town but has a lot to offer. The best part of the town is the beach--gorgeous beach! We walked about 5-8 min from the studio to the beach and did that daily. We did the Pillbox Hike in Lanikai which was awesome-the views incredible. Tina was super friendly and helpful-gave us lots of good local tips and advice. The bed was comfortable and the room was perfectly cool with windows open and fan going. Didn't miss A/C. Tina had boogie boards and a cooler that we used. The location was great for us as we had a car and drove the whole island. I really loved the location. I just wish we had more than 3 days here. Skip Honolulu and go to Kailua--you will be happy you did!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location!
Liked least: Everything was good.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Steve B
Decatur, Georgia
“Ok, but a few noteworthy issues”
Reviewed 29 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

Though advertised as a studio, it is really just a lovely bedroom with private bathroom and a large closet that also serves as a kitchenette (microwave and mini fridge only). There is a lot to like about this beautiful room. The furnishings are beautiful, wi-fi signal strength is excellent, it is really quiet and it is very close to Kailua Beach Park which is one of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever seen. There were some Kirkland (Costco) snacks awaiting us and the room came with plenty of towels, sunscreen, bug spray, etc. Toiletries consisted of a bottle of Kirkland (Costco) body wash - no shampoo. Since we did not bring our own we used the body wash as shampoo (the label did not specify "body wash and shampoo" but we found it worked ok). During our 4-day stay here, we found there were issues that should be noted. First and foremost, when we arrived at around 4pm, our hostess was nowhere to be found; I called her and learned she was in Seattle. She asked if I had gotten her email stating she would be out of town but I had not - I checked my email all the way back to August 2014 and could not find any such email. Anyway, that was not such a big deal, but we owed the balance of our rental payment and she instructed me to give it to her mother who was still at the house. When I knocked on the front door, it turns out her mother is a lovely woman who did not speak any English – none. I tried to mime my need for a pen to write the check (there were none in the studio where I had been directed to look by our hostess) but I was completely unsuccessful. Fortunately, a young neighbor noticed my attempts and was able to translate for me. As we then unpacked our clothing it was quite warm in the room. There was an air conditioner (split system) above the closet but we could not find the remote. I texted our hostess who replied that it would get cool in the evening so we wouldn’t need it. The room was equipped with a vertical oscillating fan and a ceiling fan that kept the air moving but still, it was uncomfortable for us after about 9am every day. Thankfully we had lots of things planned so we were not in the room during the a lot, but whenever we returned to the room after one activity and before the next during mid day we would find the room really warm. I blame myself; I thought I had checked "air conditioning" as a required amenity for my TripAdvisor Vacation Rental search but somehow I arrived at this perfect-sounding rental and failed to notice that air conditioning wasn't included. Oh well. The bed and pillows were very comfortable for sleep; however, because the sheer curtains over the window above the bed dropped to the floor, the bed is placed about 4-5 inches away from the wall. Since there was no headboard, we kept losing our pillows during the night and the one evening we wanted to relax with a little TV before sleep it was very difficult to find a comfortable viewing position because the bed was so far away from the wall; again, we kept losing the pillows. There are windows on three sides of the room and all are covered with sheer curtains – really beautiful and it makes for a bright cheery room – but unfortunately, we were awakened by the sun every morning - so much for sleeping late. And since the morning sun hits the windows to the right of the bed, the room warms up really quickly. Some blinds or blackout curtains would have been helpful for better sleep. The bathroom was fine though a bit small for two men – the pedestal sink allowed no room for razors, tooth brushes, etc. but there were a couple of baskets in the bathroom that worked out ok for us. We learned to be very patient with the hot water whenever we wanted a shower because it took about 4-5 minutes (truly) for it to warm up, and the hot/cold directions on the shower handle were backwards; furthermore, the handle turned without stopping and we weren't sure if that contributed to the warm-up time. However, water pressure was great and the shower was big enough. In short, the room has so much going for it but, regrettably we felt there were too many issues to give it
more than 3 stars: it is certainly adequate and although it did not adversely affect our overall vacation, it did not enhance it either. Obviously others have found it ideal, but when we return to Oahu, we’ll be more careful about our search for lodging.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location near Kailua Beach Park
Liked least: Small bathroom, no headboard
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
5 Apr 2015
We are sorry that you did not have the best experience at our ohana unit. We always try to do our best to accommodate every person, but unfortunately, every person's taste and satisfaction level is different. We are thankful for all the feedback from our customers as it allows us to better our service with every new visitor. Most of our visitors have been quite pleased as the LOCATION IS PRIME... walking distance to beach and town. Our nightly rates are definitely fair and is commensurate with the type of lodging we provide. If you are ever back in town, please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to direct you to the hotel that would satisfy what you are looking for. Of course, please keep in mind the rates may be much higher, but if budget is not an issue for you, there are many hotels that will meet your every need
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing