5,098 results
All reviews north shore the cottages surfer bar beach cottage segway tour forgetting sarah marshall ted's bakery pool bar surf school helicopter ride the main hotel kula grille our honeymoon surfing lessons sunset beach short drive paddle boarding
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I had stayed at the Turtle Bay Resort when I was a child, and so I insisted that my current family stay here while we were planning a Hawaii trip. Was definitely not let down.

The views are beautiful and all of the staff was super-helpful & friendly (though obviously all working very hard). Special shout-out to Ulysses at the valet station, Dylan at the Guidepost, and our housekeeper Mama Della for making us feel special and very welcome all the time.

Yes, it's expensive - but if you go in knowing that and are prepared, it's not that big of a deal. We did have a rental car and explored the island, but could have stayed and done just about everything here if we had wanted to.

We did enjoy the Shaka Kayaks trip in Kawela Bay (Scott, John, and Cash were all awesome and made the trip a great one!). We were initially a little concerned that kayaking might be pretty high-impact, but the bay was nice & very calm, and our guides John & Cash were constantly helping everyone and pointing out neat things about the bay and surrounding area. And yes, we saw lots of turtles!

I also highly suggest doing something with the stables as well if you like horses. We took part in the Horsemanship 101 which I think is supposed to be for younger kids, but was truly enjoyable as adults. You get to really know your horse before taking them out on a ride and our guide Carlos was absolutely wonderful!

The eateries at the resort itself were all good quality. The Point provided quick, high-quality food (the fish & chips are AWESOME - highly recommend!), Lunch at Lei Lei's was great, and dinner at Pa'akai was excellent with great service.

All told, a great stay at a great resort!!

Room tip: All rooms nice - go cottage if you want bigger fridge / microwave
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank quicksilverdrake
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Loved staying here. Staff were pleasant, and on their game. Beautiful grounds and every room had an ocean view. This is a unique place that deserves to be visited. Golf, tennis, beach and world class restaurants on the property.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed one disappointing week at this resort and used a third party online service to secure a reservation; my stay was paid “in full” prior to my arrival. For $2200, I obtained a mediocre room for six nights. Upon arrival I was informed that there was a “resort fee” of an additional $46/night and parking would cost an additional $15/night. Beware of Turtle Bay’s BAIT AND SWITCH TACTICS! Nowhere in the confirmation was it disclosed that these additional charges would be applied. This hotel is ideal for unimaginable types that don’t mind getting ripped off and like to be around “homogenous” surburbanites. This hotel has NO SOUL, certainly NO ALOHA and reeks of boring people. Everything is overpriced and sterile. If you want to come to the North Shore and experience the true island scene, do yourself a huge favor and DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. If you like “Disney Hotels”, Cruise Ships, and golfing your likely in the right place.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Michael9909
BrianHunnings, Manager at Turtle Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Aloha and thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues with your check-in related to your third-party booking. I have notified my management team about the situation, so they can take steps to review reservation and payment disclosures by travel websites. We want to make sure this does not happen again.

As the only resort on the North Shore, Turtle Bay Resort is ideal for experiencing land and water adventures with its 15 miles of oceanfront and mountain hiking and biking trails, on-site helipad offering helicopter tours around the island, horseback rides from the resort’s own Stables, 36 holes of championship golf and on-site surf school instruction. Like most resorts, Turtle Bay Resort charges a resort fee. Hopefully you were able to take advantage of some of the long list of great amenities it covers, such as the use of Blu-ray with unlimited movie rentals, Beats Pillbox speakers and GoPro, snorkeling gear and daily tennis court usage, golf and standup paddle land clinics, and Fitness Center access outfitted with the latest cardiovascular equipment.

Turtle Bay Resort offers a one-of-a-kind, front-row seat to the power, beauty and laid-back charm of the North Shore. I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you as our guest.

With warmest aloha,
Brian Hunnings, resort manager

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We visited Turtle Bay for Spring Break (March 2018). My husband and I and our 8 year old son and 5 year old daughter. We travel to Hawaii often however we typically visit Maui or Kauai. I am so glad we changed things up this trip! Turtle Bay really is the perfect spot. Very family friendly however it would be fabulous for those traveling without kids as well.

All of the rooms at the hotel offer ocean views. We stayed in the hotel (they also offer cottages and villas which were booked at the time). The room was lovely with a large balcony and a true ocean view. So nice to wake up to the sound of the waves crashing.

There are several beaches on the property within walking distance. The cove closest to the hotel is safe for kids and has great snorkeling. Your stay includes 2-hours if snorkel rental which is convenient. We ended up walking the trails to hidden beach which was lovely. We had the beach all to ourselves.

They have stables on the property. My daughter loves horses and we visited a couple times. We asked one of the restaurants for scraps to feed the horses and they were more than happy to put a huge box of carrots and kale together for us.

I could go on and on about Turtle Bay. The pool was great, awesome gym and fitness classes, golf courses, perfect service. This resort really is something special. We will be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Special place on Ohau’s North Shore. Amazing location, great snorkelling on the reef. The rooms are clean, large enough and have amazing views of the big pounding swells. It is in the pricey side to eat but Roy’s restaurant on the beach is delicious and worth the money. Take advantage of the free 2 hour a day snorkelling hire for free. The reef is home to lots of fish. Do the sea kayak tour with Shaka as well. Sea turtles await. The right hand point break offers some great waves as well. Go out when a lesson isn’t on as it can get crowded. Great family or couples location.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank leebbearbaker