“A less crowded option”

Famous Kahuku Shrimp Truck
Ranked #22 of 36 Restaurants in Kahuku
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We started off at Romy's but the hour wait forced us to leave as hungry kids would not have made it. We found this place down the road and it was a great option for fast shrimp plates. The food was good, not great, but solid. I am glad that we left as I don't think the wait would have justified the difference. We got our shrimp fix in and there is also shaved ice nearby in the same lot. I had also tried the shrimp at Seven Brothers and would probably return there for a more "fancy" option. It was better and a nicer location.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I had the coconut shrimp and enjoyed it. It came with rice. I thought for the price, that I'd get something other than rice along with it. I would get it again.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I was fortunate to visit this place twice during my recent visit home. For several years, I’ve heard of the increasing popularity of shrimp trucks in the area so I was excited to finally try them. On the first go, we stopped here for early lunch. The set up reminds me of family picnics from long ago; picnic tables under a (tarp) tent, open air and lots of flowers all around. Once we ordered, food was ready within 10 mins.. the smell and then the first bite was amazing! The portions are big, and initially I didn’t think I would finish it but, I enjoyed every last bite.
Second time was after a hike. Worked up a great appetite and we wanted to reward ourselves with a great meal. We drove an extra 1-2 hours to get to this side of the island. Tried another item on their menu.. just like the first time, it was mouth watering good as soon as you get a smell of what’s cooking.

A TripAdvisor Member
Colorado
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

The shrimp here is pretty good. I would have rated it higher but lately every time we come here bus loads of tourist are dumped here while their drivers order for them. The drivers don't believe in lining up and will cut to the front of the line.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

We decided to stop here because I had heard it was AMAZING, but unfortunately I was pretty disappointed. The shrimp was fresh, but the garlic butter had absolutely no taste. Their macaroni salad was okay, but not nearly as good as some of the others I had while in Hawaii on my honeymoon. All in all, I would try it again, but I would definitely try a different sauce.
Also, the wait was INSANE!!!!