“Great no nonsense food”

Ranked #6 of 36 Restaurants in Kahuku
Price range: USD 5 - USD 15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Hawaiian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Description: Tita's Grill, Is a family friendly, local Hawaiian style Food Truck. We are located at the Hukilau Marketplace at the Polynesian Cultural Center right off Kamehameha Highway. Drive up, park and order straight from our window. We offer take out, or have a seat on our outdoor picnic tables and eat Ohana style. Make friends, share aloha and enjoy our onolicious food. We are just a humble "hole in the wall" that serves great food, nothing fancy.
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Loved the shrimp and great value, was dissapointed when i'd licked all the flavour from my fingers!! burgers were nice and cheap!! saw someone have the mega burger (split between three) which looked impressive.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We found this restaurant by accident and what a great find. The food was great and plentiful and the workers very friendly. It is a stand on the side of the road, but you can not go wrong with it. The garlic shrimp and garlic fries are out of this world. Enjoy

Reviewed 30 August 2012

We could not believe how much food we got, and the friendliest service. Classic, must do. The food was excellent too!

Reviewed 28 August 2012

To begin, the only reason we found this gem of a place was the lovely "local food" sign placed outside the shack in big red letters! My husband and I wanted to try eating as much like locals as possible, as we're both normally unimpressed by resort restaurants and food. Each time I talk about Hawaii I make sure to mention this place! We ordered the garlic shrimp, chicken teriyaki and beef teriyaki plates. The shrimp were huge and tasted absolutely delicious! They were completely worth the work it took to clean them :) and the chicken and beef tasted great too. The outdoor screened-in dining area was a nice touch and allowed us to escape the sun for a little while to enjoy a peaceful lunch. Additionally, the very friendly and sociable owner, a former CFL player, came and introduced himself, offered his card and a free slice of freshly made coconut turnover cake for my husband and I! It was a delicious and unexpected surprise for us. Definitely the most memorable unplanned food stop we made during our honeymoon in Hawaii!

1  Thank Marwa K
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I agree with everything people have said about the food being really good including the fresh baked bread, kalbi ribs, garlic shrimp (it's great value and they serve the biggest shrimp out of the 3 shrimp trucks/roadside restaurants we tried on the north shore). BUT what I totally disagree with is the service, at least in our experience. Ate here twice and after the second time despite great food we vowed never again. 1st time we ordered the person seemed really impatient and had a bit of attitude. She was annoyed when we asked for napkins and another fork. She dropped the fork on the floor and still gave it to us afterwards. . 2nd time a different person took our order and was extremely nice and helpful. There were no lineups and just 4 other tables waiting for food. But it took over 45 min to get our food. They served 12 tables before us which was maddening. They brought out free cake for everyone waiting which made me wonder "why dont you just spend your time making actual orders instead of baking cake and having 1 less person working on cooking what people actuallywant to eat?" we had ordered just 4 things. Finally we asked them to make it a take out order and they handed us a bag with 4 containers in it and we drove the 20 min back to our place to eat it. When we got home we discovered 1 of the main dishes was missing. I'd say eat here if you have all day to wait.

1  Thank raeleen-and-nick