“Best Roy's I have been to”
Review of Roy's Beach House

Roy's Beach House
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Beach House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Kahuku
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have been to at least 6 different Roy's locations.This one by far exceeds them all. I would give them a higher rating except for the fact that we sat in an area near the walk way with no view of the ocean so the ambiance was lacking. However food and service was excellent.
We ordered a variety of appetizers and the portions and presentation were great. We did send the kimchi roll back as the fish tasted "off," but otherwise very happy with the dumplings, ribs and wedge and local greens salad. For dinner we had the lamb, butterfish, and shrimp with dumplings. The dumplings were so good we were happy to have them again. Everything was cooked to perfection and iced teas were quickly refilled many times. The waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly, and the food came out quickly. We ended the meal with the signature desserts - pineapple upside down cake and lava cake. Both need advance notice and the pineapple cake was like a butter cake with sweet pineapple on top. There is also a great prix fixe menu for $60.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The location is terrific with views of beach and ocean. There is outside & inside dining, we sat indoors with the doors open. The service was on spot, very friendly and accommodating. The menu selection was nice and the food was great! It’s Roy’s, you just can’t go wrong....

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is the restaurant by Turtle Bay beach. The prices are still about the same as the other restaurants in Turtle Bay, but the quality is a step up from most of them. Portions are more in control here as well, so you can expect it to be gentle on your stomach. They have a variety of options that seem to be a little more fresh and friendly to those who are local food conscious. Definitely the best out of the restaurants at Turtle Bay.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I was really looking forward to splashing out for a meal here but was left a bit disappointed. Our meals were ok but my fish was a bit over cooked. The chocolate soufflé was delicious. I also had a pina colada which was the worst one I’ve ever had. Too much rum and ice and not enough coconut or pineapple taste. It was so bad I couldn’t drink it. The kids meals were a bit fancy for kids. The waiter made fun of us asking for no sauce. His attitude was generally a bit casual and not really the level of service I’d expect somewhere like this. Even the water guy split water everywhere on several occasions until my young daughter remarked that he didn’t care about spilling water quite loudly! He made more effort then. Rather disappointing overall which is such a shame. The setting is fantastic!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Y1152PRhelenm
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We ate at this restaurant the first night we arrived at Turtle Bay Resort and was not disappointed. Great location on the beach. Our server (can't remember her name) was just great - very friendly and pleasant. The food was delicious - there were enough menu selections to satisfy everyone in our party. The only complaint I would have is that the cost is on the pricey side. While all the desserts were good, I really enjoyed the pineapple upside down cake (with ice cream).

Date of visit: February 2018