“Attention to detail could make this almost perfect!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gigi's Paradise

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hauula
Gigi's Paradise
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hauula
South Florida, Florida
“Attention to detail could make this almost perfect!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

While this falls under the "hotel" category on Trip Advisor, Gigi's Paradise are actually condo units along with Pat's at Punaluu. I stayed in a 1 bedroom condo last time; this time it wasn't available and I splurged on the penthouse suite, which has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The weather on that part of the island is a little more rainy than other parts, but the best part of this property is having a sandy, swimmable beach sometimes to yourself, and minimally not crowded. It's quite a drive from most of the tourist stuff (right on the way to the north shore and a little over an hour from HNL) and that's why I've stayed there twice now. I like to live like a local when I come to HI. No A/C because of trade winds, but this unit does not have a side slider like the 1 BR unit so not as cooled down when you have to shut the front sliders due to rain. The temperature was usually comfortable. You must be really fast to shut the sliders as rains can come in an instant and the slate tiles get very slick if wet.

Unit is showing some wear and tear (it is an older property.) At least 3 window handles were broken, making the windows inoperative. It felt like the fridge and dishwasher doors were going to fall off in my hands when I opened them, but worked fine. The toilet chain broke in the downstairs bathroom (this is a 2 story unit.) Upon arrival, the only 2 clocks (including 1 on the stove) were both flashing, there was an empty Pepsi can in the fridge, lint in the dryer trap, some little stuff under master bed and a few ants around the sink and upstairs bathroom tub. Cans of paint and other stuff stored in bedroom closet...not where I'd store that sort of stuff but I didn't use that bedroom so not too big a deal. Otherwise was clean. She does warn you up front there is very little stocked in the way of paper products and I found there was no electric can opener. Otherwise, Gigi has the kitchen stocked with dishes, glasses, silverware, pots and pans, microwave, etc.

Beds very comfy, plenty of seating in the common areas, assigned parking, cable TV, secure building access, pictures are truthful as to what they show. I spent a lot of time in top floor master bedroom. The view from there and the living room is fabulous. I might stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Traveldanse

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Waikiki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

If you are looking for a vacation experience AWAY from the crowds, then this is the place! I stayed at this complex in one of the condos and although it was nicely appointed, modern and had a great view, there is undeniable traffic noise from the bedrooms. I moved into one of Gigi's cottages and I never wanted to leave! The cottages are closer to the ocean and the only noise you hear is the ocean lulling you to sleep. I live in Waikiki year round, so having a place like this to get away to is priceless. The cottages are funky, quaint and charming, each one furnished in a kind of a cottage shabby sheik. Don't expect anything fancy, or you will be disappointed, but the location of the cottages will have you as close to the ocean as you could possibly be. They have everything you need, dishes, basic food items (generously left behind from previous visitors), beach towels, change of linens, snorkels, beach chairs, etc. and are all very clean. But what they mostly have is AMAZING VIEWS, BEACH FRONT LOCATION and QUIET! The beaches are great for swimming and protected by a large reef. Great snorkeling and beach combing. Never more than a few other people on the beach at the same time. There is a small convenience store almost across the street with necessities, and plate lunches, plus a Subway Sandwich shop. A few miles down the road is a local grocery store and a bit past that is a larger strip mall with a nice grocery store, shops and restaurants. Also close by is the Polynesian Cultural Center. Plenty of great beaches along the way for swimming, fishing and exploring. Don't come here if you want to eat out every meal, hit the bars and night life scene. DO come here if you want to taste the beauty and the land that is Hawaii. The prices, for Hawaii and for the incredible beachfront location, can't be matched anywhere on the island. I'm definitely going back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dankyboy
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

We just stayed at Gigi's Paradise for 6 days and its our first trip to Hawaii. We are 21 people in our group 3 families stayed at the cottage and 1 family stayed in the condo . Our party is consist of 8 couple and kids age ranging to 2 years old up o 24 years old and everyone loved this place and would not want to go back to California . This place is so relaxing like having your private beach and its so peaceful eventhou its near the hi-way you can't even hear the cars . People are so friendly ...... We would love to go back to Gigi's Paradise , its really a paradise .... Thank you so much Gigi for making my cousin 25th wedding anniversary a memorable one and for the rest of us we will treasure every memories made at Gigi's Paradise.... Mahalo Gigi ....

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

We are frequent HI travelers but have never traveled on Oahu much. We rented a car this time and headed to the windward side having found this place on Trip Advisor. Once there I realized why I had a hard time finding a variety of options as there aren't many places to stay.

This condo was pretty much as advertised except it wasn't quiet in the least. It is right on the beach but it is also right on the highway - with LOTS of highway noise. We were pleased to see that we could sleep on the pull out couch - we still have the bruises on our bodies from the pull out couch bed as it was very bumpy. Even still it was so noisy that we didn't get any relaxation to speak of.
The unit is well furnished but in an odd sort of way. The signs saying not to use anything without planning to replace it had us rationing everything - including the toilet paper!
We also learned that as people who like to be active and do things - there isn't much to do after a few days on the windward / north shore of Oahu. We put a lot of miles on the car!
We returned on our last night ready to move back over to the Kahala for a last few days on Oahu to find a note on the door saying we should have moved out already (one day earlier). To be fair - we changed our dates a bit - but sent a final confirming email to make sure we had the dates right. Turns out we still had a disconnect and the note kind of put an explanation point on an unrelaxing stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank baileyno6
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

My husband and I really enjoyed staying at Gigi's Paradise. We stayed in the Pukana La Paradise, which is in a cottage fourplex, upstairs. It was very peaceful and relaxing, the view from our room was amazing. I loved waking up and the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was the ocean. I easily drifted off to sleep every night to the sound of the wind and waves. The room was fully furnished, even down to plates, utensils, blender, cookware, and beach activity items such as boogie boards, snorkling gear, and beach mats. There is no air conditioning, but it is not needed; just open the windows and a nice cool breeze cools the room in a matter of minutes. Previous guests also left behind items such as shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, and spices to cook with. We loved the fact that this place was way up along the Windward side of the island, away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki and Honolulu. We were able to really experience Hawaii and relax. The locals in the area were some of the nicest people I have ever met. Kamehameha Hwy is a beautiful drive along the coast. And if staying here, you absolutely HAVE to try Mike's Hawaiian Huli Huli chicken truck...its two yellow food trucks on the side of the road past a gas station on the right. It was my favorite place to eat! The Huli Huli chicken, kaulua pork, and Hawaiian steak were delicious! My brother and sister-n-law stayed in a very nice condo on the 6th floor...their view was amazing. My mom and dad stayed in a downstairs cottage fourplex a little ways down the beach from us. Out of all the rooms, I think ours was the best. There is nothing fancy about it, but it has a real beachy, laid-back feeling that made us instantly feel at home. My favorite part was the lanai...its not completely open, which protects you from the sometimes strong winds, but it is open enough that you feel like you are on an open lanai. The only negative thing I have to say about this room was that there is a sliding door that separates this room from the one next to it and the wall is pretty thin; our last two nights there, the newest neighbors had a baby that would wake up crying at about 5:30 in the morning...and would wake us up. Other than that...I absolutely loved it there. We will definitely be back.

Also...if you rent a car, which most people do, remember to put your parking permit hanging from your rearview mirror every time you park in your assigned space! If you don't, you will get a warning...then a ticket!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank InLovewHawaii
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauula
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#4 of 84 in Honolulu
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,727 reviews
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,533 reviews

Been to Gigi's Paradise? Share your experiences!