“Great experience for beginner riders”

Happy Trails Hawaii
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Aloha! Join us as we celebrate our 25th year of providing a top quality guest experience on Oahu's scenic north shore of Hawaii. Nestled on the hilltop above picturesque Waimea bay, our well trained horses and professional guides escort you through our hidden island paradise. Explore nature's rustic charm as you ride along trails that weave through sun-filtered forests, fern laced valleys and organic tropical fruit orchards. Enjoy a "taste of Hawaii" as you sample our seasonal ranch grown varieties of bananas, guava, star and passion fruit. Capture panoramic ocean and mountain views at scenic vistas along your trail ride. Come, share in our spirit of aloha and the pleasure of horseback riding with Happy Trails Hawaii.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The horses I saw (twelve, I think) were all gentle, patient animals and the trail leaders offered good insights to the many first-time riders. The ride itself is an uphill/downhill walk through the woods with a gorgeous view of the North Shore at the end. All in all, a terrific value. I would definitely go again.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"riders"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My daughter and I loved our guided trail hosted by Mark he was such an amazing host! The views were amazing and the horses were well trained! I will definitely book another ride next time in on the island! Thank you happy tails for and amazing experience for my daughter and I to share!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Manager7433, Guest Relations Manager at Happy Trails Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

To be able to share this special adventure with appreciative and fun guests makes our day!
We are so happy to be a part of.your vacation memories. Until then, happy trails to you.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Amazing time with my wife with a very friendly guide. Very knowledgeable personnel. Our guide took us on an early tour and it turned out to be just my wife and I! Our guide even took pictures of my wife and I. Explained the history and lineage of the horses we were riding as well. I’d definitely recommend happy trails to a friend.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Mahalo for taking the time to share your 5-star review and recommendation for others.
Your timing was perfect - just before spring break, landing you an unexpected private tour with
one of our knowledgeable guides. Until we meet again, happy trails.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This trail ride was wonderful! Amazing views and the guides Mark and Whitney were fun, interesting and very knowledgeable about the native plants and area. It was exciting and relaxing all at the same time!