“Great Local Restaurant”
Review of Bamboo Grille

Bamboo Grille
Ranked #23 of 113 Restaurants in Wailuku
Reviewed 4 January 2018

There is no way we would have found this place had it not been for the recommendation of our server, Jeff, at the Royal Lahaina Restaurant. As I tried the loco moco at the Lahaina restaurant he said, "this is good, but if you want the best loco moco on the island, you need to go to Bamboo Grille." He was absolutely correct. This place was a bit difficult to find (at the top of a parking garage off of Main Street, but well worth it once we arrived.

I ate the Curry Loco Moco while my wife had the standard breakfast. Everything was very well-prepared and really tasty. It's also incredibly close to the airport, so it's a great place to stop on your way in or out of Maui.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Better than expected, and we've tried them all. Good down home locals cooking, filled with local clientele.
Hearty portions, good friendly service, decent prices. No booze, no BYOB

Reviewed 19 August 2017

My personal favorite is the Chicken Katsu Loco Moco. I always ask for them to substitute the rice with their amazing fried rice.(Has chunks of roasted pork in it!)
My kids and family all love the breaded Teriyaki, hands down it's their favorite by far. Thing large Teriyaki soaked and breaded pieces ( usually 2-3) arrive on your plate with rice and your choice of salad. The meat is so tender you can tear it into pieces with you hand( caught the little one doing it) amazing taste, so filling. Be prepared the portions here are huge! They can get really busy Friday, Saturday nights and the service will tend to slow down but I promise it worth the wait. You can also call in an order for pick up. Reasonable prices, especially given the size of the portions. Oh! For breakfast try the sweetbread frenchtoast! Fantastic flavor!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Big portions. Good price. I got the large fried rice breakfast plate that came with two eggs. I requested the eggs over medium and they were cooked perfectly. Also ordered a side of the Portuguese sausage which was also delicious. My wife ordered the North shore breakfast, the over medium eggs were also cooked exactly as expected, the order came with fried rice and Vienna sausage that were also pretty great. I definitely recommend giving this place a try. Food looked and smelled so good, as you and see, I almost forgot to take pictures.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Used to go to Tasty Crust for my breakfast fix, but got introduced to this place and go here now more often. Their breakfasts are bomb- pancakes are buttery, bacon yummy, everything ono. Had the roast pork moko once which was bomb. Service VERY friendly, always a table or only wait a couple minutes. Awesome hangover food too. Love it.