“Big Pancakes, local atmosphere!”

Tasty Crust Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 112 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 22 August 2017

A gem in Wailuku, eaten here for breakfast several times. Large portions, nice staff and great prices. Feels like you're stepping back in time!

1  Thank Jade B

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Glad their a la carte menu is reasonably priced and the staff is friendly because the food is nothing to write home about.

Basic greasy spoon breakfast - Hawaiian style. Nothing bad but nothing outstanding either.

Pancakes taste & texture was from a bag (Krustease?) Shrimp omelette was just shrimp & eggs. No spices or herbs. Seemed blah in flavor.

Guess if you are looking for a deal this is the place for you. If you are seeking a Hawaiian breakfast taste experience...don't bother.

2  Thank IsagenixBeliever
Reviewed 19 August 2017

This is a great place. It was easily the best breakfast we had while we were in Maui and most certainly the most affordable restaurant we enjoyed. It's actually mainland diner kind of prices. Crazy!

Tons of locals here, so we knew very quickly we were in the right place. The servers were super friendly and engaging. Lots of joking with the patrons and very fun. The food came out in a flash, and it was all great. Everyone in my family cleaned their plates. The banana pancake I had was the best pancake I had all week - and I had a lot of pancakes! =)

Being as close as it is to the airport, I can pretty much guarantee that this will be our very first stop next time we land in Maui!

1  Thank mpugh22
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I can't tell you how many times I have eaten here over the decades visiting family. We always eat here at least once. This place is the antithesis of eating at the resorts in Kihei and Kapalua which makes it even more special.
The menu remains enormous. I stuck to the old faithful won ton mein though others had the chicken katsu. Portion sizes are generous the the food ono. The stafff is friendly and fantastic.
if you are looking for an inexpensive local meal and a local joint, I would recommend eating here. I look forward to my next visit. Enjoy.

1  Thank RjessMMM
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I tried the mini fried rice with egg. It was tasty and very reasonably priced at $5.25. It satisfied my hunger. The food is not prepared with finesse, but I found it good enough. The service was fast and pleasant. It's somewhat of a hole in the wall type of place.

1  Thank poirot8345