“Local grinds”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I can't tell you how many times I have eaten here over the decades visiting family. We always eat here at least once. This place is the antithesis of eating at the resorts in Kihei and Kapalua which makes it even more special.
The menu remains enormous. I stuck to the old faithful won ton mein though others had the chicken katsu. Portion sizes are generous the the food ono. The stafff is friendly and fantastic.
if you are looking for an inexpensive local meal and a local joint, I would recommend eating here. I look forward to my next visit. Enjoy.

1  Thank RjessMMM

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I tried the mini fried rice with egg. It was tasty and very reasonably priced at $5.25. It satisfied my hunger. The food is not prepared with finesse, but I found it good enough. The service was fast and pleasant. It's somewhat of a hole in the wall type of place.

1  Thank poirot8345
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We went to dinner here. It was very cheap for Hawaii and tasted super good. It's off the beaten path so thank you TripAdvisor for having this posted on here.

It bears the strange name because apparently they used to sell primarily pie.

1  Thank Cmkastanek
Reviewed 4 July 2017

This place is a hidden gem and is a must try while in Maui. If you are staying over in the Lahaina area it will take you about an hour to get too. But it is so worth the drive. There were 5 people in my party and we all ordered different items and every single dish was awesome. It's very inexpensive and the portion sizes are huge so come with a big appetite! This is a local restaurant and you will definitely get a true taste of the island here!

1  Thank DeniseSky1
Reviewed 4 July 2017

For literally decades TC has been my favorite pancake destination. On a recent trip we landed, got our rent car and headed straight to TC before they closed. The pancakes were extraordinarily average. I figured, oh well, it's late in the day and they are winding down. They will be better tomorrow.
To my dismay they were just as dismal the next day and the day after that. For the first time in decades, we left Maui without the obligatory stop at TC on the way to the airport.
Hard to imagine what's gone so terrible wrong.
(sad face!)