USD 198
USD 308
USD 298
USD 459
USD 394
Best Western Pioneer Inn(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
USD 253
USD 237
USD 402
USD 385
USD 342
Priceline
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsnorth shorepancakesquiet hoursprivate roomthe kitchenrental cardoor codeairport shuttlepancake mixgreat place to stayfree coffeeenjoyed my stayfelt safelight sleeperclean placeother guestsair conditioner
Reviewed 4 June 2013

three of my friends and I stayed at the northshore for 3 nights and we didn't regret the $30ish we spend per night for a private four beds (2 twins and a queen). The kitchen, living room and bathrooms (4 in total) are in the middle of all the rooms which creates a pretty cozy ambience. I have to admit that I felt good in this hostel and even more than in the hotel in oahu we stayed at afterwards. The free pancakes that you have to make for breakfast surely added to the experience! Count $4 in total for a laundry+dryer and $5 for good snorkeling gears (recommended). The staff is overall very kind and ready to help anytime.

• Stayed: June 2013
Michael D, Manager at Northshore Hostel Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Dear Davi
We're glad that you appreciate our great customer service and low prices....even more than your hotel in Oahu! Mahalo...

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Affordable, super-friendly staff, great location, pretty view of the West Maui Mountains, very clean, safe (only guests inside, door code required), friendly place full of interesting travelers, plenty of local info, amenities such as free morning pancakes, nearby inexpensive food court, free parking... Need I go on?

• Stayed: May 2013

Thanks for posting your reply, we really enjoy providing the most affordable accommodation in Maui....please go on!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We found at the Northshore Hostel a very friendly place. Everything is made for guests to feel at ease. All is very clean. Good free pancakes. Free shuttle from and to airport and beach. Lots of useful information. And truly unexpensive. Mahalo Janine, Scott and Chris ! The Northshore Hostel is your home out-of-home in Maui ;-)

• Stayed: May 2013

Thanks Moana....we're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again someday at your Maui Home!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the North Shore Hostel for 23 days, while exploring Maui. The staff treated you less like a guest and more like a member of their own family. The knowledge they had of the island was more than enough to keep me entertained throughout the entire trip.
Scott, Janine and Chris are some of the best people I ever met in all my hostel stays (11 to date), they were very attentive to everyone's needs and all have an awesome sense of humor.
I stayed in one of the many dorm rooms with a group of awesome people and made some life long friends along the way. The dorm beds were comfortable, the rooms have AC units and they have an awesome kitchen, that have free pancakes, coffee and tea in the morning. There is no swimming pool or fitness center, but who needs one with all the beaches and hiking trails?
The surrounding town has most of the amenities that you need: gas station, drug store, coffee shop, nice eatery down the road and even a local pub.
When I return to Maui, I will most definetly be returning to see these great people. If I don't, I'm sure Janine would probably kill me.

Room Tip: Get the dorms, you can talk to a bunch of awesome people and make good friends!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert Z

Thanks for your wonderful description, we couldn't say it any better. We hope that you return to say hello again soon...a hui hoa!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Nice and friendly staff clean rooms. A bit overpriced for what you got and where it was located. I guess That's Maui. Not smoker friendly forcing smokers to cross the road and smoke in a dingy and dodgy car park with junkies and crazy's was a bit worrying especially at night but again I noticed all over Maui smokers were treated like 2nd class citizens. In summary good hostel bad location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Anthony
Sorry you had a bad time...we do ask that guests smoke across the street...it's actually a law in Hawaii that smokers cannot be within 7 meters (20 feet) of any business entrance. And we are still the lowest priced hostel in Maui....happy trails!