“Specialty Japanese Grocery, Poke and Bento”

TJ's warehouse outlet
Ranked #31 of 110 Restaurants in Wailuku
Reviewed 28 October 2016

This is a great little Japanese specialty grocery store, one of the few places on the island that I could find natto, okonomiyaki flour and ingredients for takoyaki. Hot food is great here too. It's tucked away in a little industrial section of Wailuku. Took a little effort to find but well worth the trip.

1  Thank Matthew F

Reviewed 14 September 2016

I was on a quest to find a good plate lunch place on Maui and one that served butterfish at a reasonable price. My sister, on the mainland, texted me info on TJ's Warehouse. What a treat it was when we found it. Located in an assuming warehouse in the middle of an industrial area of Wailuku, off the beaten track from tourists for sure. TJ's offers plate lunches and bento boxes at very affordable prices. We were lucky enough to get the last two butterfish bento boxes. At $8.25 it was a bargain and very delicious! It's a very ecclectic place, selling everything from groceries to rice cookers. They have a fish market and make some ono poke. This was a real find for us and we will make it a regular place to visit on our trips to Maui.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Located in an industrial area of Wailuku. Don't let the "Maui Chemical & Paper" signage fool you (they even answer the phone that way). This is an outstanding place to pick-up boxed meals to take out. Very inexpensive and great quality.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

I come to TJ's whenever I want a fast meal to go. When you walk in, you go past the registers, make a right, then walk towards the end to find their Bento area. I like their Miso Butterfish best. The convenience of walking in, grabbing my bento, paying for it, then walking right out is my style at this store. Food to go, A Hui Hou!
P.S. if you go there in the late afternoon (about 2:00-2:30p.m.) most of their bento lunches are discounted.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I enjoy coming here because it's a convenient place for bentos and okazuya options. They have monthly newsletters mailed to you when you join their rewards program. They have a small collection of Asian foods and goods imported from Asian countries. It's a great place to get a fast bite. This is our stop before heading to the beach!