“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I just wish I could have eaten here every night I was in Maui. The food was so good, affordable, and I'm going to miss it when I go home!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I am always on the hunt for tasty vegetarian or vegan restaurants on my travels, so I was keen to try Fresh Mint in the delightful and funky town of Paia. We strolled in for dinner (mid-week) and were warmly greeted to a table right away. One could not help notice the ceiling fans with green and pink energy efficient bulbs and a wall of hanging Vietnamese instruments to give the casual restaurant a bit of interest.
Four of us shared a number of dishes that proved to be ample and extremely reasonable in cost. We began with the fresh garden vegetable soup; very light and lacking in any distinctive taste; mediocre at best. The fresh autumn rolls - consisting of mixed steamed vegetables, tofu and fresh herbs, served with a home made plum sauce, were pronounced the best dish of them all; refreshingly steamed, rather than fried. Next came the much anticipated eggplant with basil - sauteed eggplant with onions, tofu and basil in a sauce. It sounded better on paper than in reality as the dish was way too salty to be palatable and we ended up abandoning it and moving on to the other choices. The sweet and sour tofu, with pineapple, onions and tomatoes in a sweet and sour ginger sauce was quite tasty, but the the Pad Thai was excellent. I would not say that the food was typically representative of Vietnamese food, but it was pleasant for a once in a blue moon outing. Perhaps the emphasis on faux meat and soy based products was off-putting. Since wonderful fresh vegetables abound in Maui, I would have thought there would be more emphasis on that.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I just got back from my honeymoon at the Four Seasons in Maui! My FAVORITE place to eat was Fresh Mint! It was definitely worth the 30 minute drive to have access to healthy, vegan great food!

While I prefer more emphasis on vegetables rather than soy products, the food that we had was AWESOME! I LOVE the pad thai and the deluxe vegetable curry was also awesome as was the banana coconut chocolate tapioca dessert which we got both nights.

Also -- the woman who owns and started the restaurant is pure joy!

I simply LOVE this place as well as its earthy, hippie vibe!
Nice change of pace from the four seasons!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The food portions were great and everything tasted wonderful! We highly recommend the Mango Coconut ice cream for dessert. Not too sweet and a perfect end to the meal.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I love Vietnamese food, and was super disappointed eating here. It was lacking the fresh herbs that Vietnamese cuisine is known for. The dishes were heavy and not super flavorful. Lots of mock meats. I'd prefer them to use less soy/wheat gluten fake meats and use more fresh veggies from Maui! The place was also super duper hot inside.