“Great Vegan Food!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The food portions were great and everything tasted wonderful! We highly recommend the Mango Coconut ice cream for dessert. Not too sweet and a perfect end to the meal.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I love Vietnamese food, and was super disappointed eating here. It was lacking the fresh herbs that Vietnamese cuisine is known for. The dishes were heavy and not super flavorful. Lots of mock meats. I'd prefer them to use less soy/wheat gluten fake meats and use more fresh veggies from Maui! The place was also super duper hot inside.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

My wife and I had dinner here while visiting our daughter who lives nearby on Maui. She recommended this restaurant as "a great place where the locals go". It's a small place with just a few tables. The food was very flavorful and nicely prepared and presented. Service was a bit slow, but this is a laid-back town, and we were in no hurry.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I took a seat at the window, facing gorgeous I'ao Valley. I ordered the summer rolls. They were sweetly presented, quickly. But had a dry quality and lack of overall flavor. The sauce also was just okay. I also ordered the "spicy lemongrass eggplant." It was not spicy at all. The eggplant was nicely cooked but overall the dish and the experience was not memorable.

I do recommend the Thai ice tea with coconut milk at this Vietnamese vegan restaurant.

It is located across from the post office about a half mile mauka (away from ocean) from "downtown" Paia.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This little dive isn't atmospheric, but the food's tasty. Be advised that your fish won't have swum and your chicken didn't start as an egg: the protein here is derived from tofu, and some diners -- my wife, for example -- prefer their soy products as what they are, not masquerading as something they aren't. If it tastes great, you can call it anything you like.
The pseudo-fish dish was fish shaped and deliciously sauced. The vegetables were fresh and carefully prepared.