“Awesome, great tour and fun!!”
Review of Maui Sunriders

Maui Sunriders
Ranked #2 of 16 Outdoor Activities in Paia
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Sunriders offers self-paced Haleakala bike tours of the volcano in Maui, HI, including Haleakala sunrise bike tours and daily Maui bike rentals. With our self-paced bike rides, guests have the freedom to stop along the way at the many unique shops and restaurants in the charming towns on the route or just stop to enjoy the beauty of Haleakala. With our self-paced Haleakala sunrise bike rides, you can immerse yourself in the beauty and serenity of Upcountry Maui without the cumbersome restrictions of a large group.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We did the Summit Tour and saw the crater. Mike was awesome, very energetic and knowledgable about the areas we traveled through, I learned alot. Make sure you take motion sickness meds for the drive up though, the van can get pretty stuffy. We would definitely do it again, great being able to go at your own pace without guidance.

There are newer reviews for Maui Sunriders

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Thanks to The Maui Fun Company (Darren), we were hooked up with the Maui Sunriders. Our guide was passionate about Maui and his job as a guide. We choose the sun rise tour which we had to be up at 2am. It was early but will worth it once the clouds cleared. The ride down the mountain was fun and romantic as we stopped for a nice lunch at the Kula Lodge and stopped for lots of pictures. I would recommend this tour to anyone going to Maui

1  Thank Classicgrltraveler
Reviewed 27 February 2012

From the time I called to get some information, I spoke with Danni, who was the main reason I booked the trip, to the time we returned, the trip was outstanding. Our guide was Mike, who was very cool, and knowledgeable. We arrived at the shop around 3am, drove up the “hill”, listened to Mike’s vast knowledge of the island, and bicycled down. I know it sounds, well boring; however it couldn’t have been a better tour, ok maybe we could have seen a sunrise, the weather was terrible on top, but the trip was outstanding. We would do it again, probably would do a later one next time, but worth doing.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My son, his girlfriend, another friend, and I looked into a lot of companies who bring you in a van up to the Haleakala National Park (volcano crater), and let you off outside of the park to ride down on mountain bikes. This one was wonderful because it was more affordable, the manager went over all the safety information in detail, the tour guide/van driver, Mike, was very nice, friendly, and informative. He took photos for us, shared his vast knowledge of the park, crater, and Maui, and genuinely wanted us to have a good time. We enjoyed the self guided aspect of our trip, and the freeness of time. The bikes, rain gear, backpack/with lock, and helmets were all in good shape. This is a must do for anyone who likes to ride a bike, with beautiful scenery all around you. This excursion includes seeing the crater, and visitor center inside the park. You could hike around if you want to, or just ride down, and visit the three small towns on the way back to the store.

1  Thank travelbuddys_10
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Even though we were whining about getting up at 2 am, it was well worth it for this experience of a lifetime! We were greeted by Mike and he was an excellent tour guide! We were one of the first up to Haleakala so we got a good spot to watch the sun rise. All I can say is wow! Watching the sun rise from that high up was breathtaking! It brought tears to my eyes to see such beauty. Then it was time to bike down. I admit, I was scared to death at first, but once I got the hang of it, I was rolling! It was one of the most exhilarating experience of my lifetime. Thank you to Mike and Maui Sunriders for giving us this opportunity I recommend Maui Sunriders over the narrated tours.