My family (my parents, me, my husband, my adult siblings, and toddler niece) spent a week at Napili Point Resort between Christmas and New Years. We had two 2-BR condos that overlooked the rocky bay. We had a great experience!
The condos and property were clean and well-maintained. The condos were well stocked with cooking equipment. Beds were comfortable. The views could not be beat. We would wake up, walk down the 3 minute path to the rocky bay, go snorkeling (there are tons of sea turtles in that bay!), go back to the condo to eat a leisurely breakfast on the lanai (again, watching the turtles popping up in the bay), walk the 5-7 minute path to Napili Bay, spend several hours on the beach, return to the condo for happy hour and dinner on the lanai and then just relax for the evening. Every day. It was amazing.
The location is perfect for families and groups because it is so easy to snorkel or go to the beach. You don't have to wait for everyone in the group to be ready, or want to do the same thing, because you can just meet at the beach.
There is a Snorkel Bobs within walking distance so it is easy to rent snorkel and paddle board equipment. There is also a market (Napili Market) that is about a mile and a half away. That market is a full supermarket. Kaanapali Beach is about a 15 minute drive. I would definitely recommend renting a car as Napili is a bit removed from everything else (part of what makes it lovely).
My only complaint about the condos was that the bathrooms did not have great ventilation (no windows in the shower/toilet room) and toiletries were only replenished once during the week we were there (the condo was cleaned beautifully every day). This is a small detail and, if you have read my other reviews, you know that bathrooms tend to be a point of pickiness for me anyway...
I would stay again at the Napili Point!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled above shimmering Honokeana Bay, Napili Point Resort is a 115 unit low rise condominium where every condo has an incredible ocean view. In the distance, the islands of Moloka'i and Lana'i rise from the warm waters of the blue Pacific, silhouetting spectacular legendary Maui sunsets. Relax at one of our two oceanfront swimming pools set amid our beautifully landscaped tropical grounds or our outdoor barbecues and picnic tables. Watch the waves roll into Honokeana Bay and during the winter months (December thru April) witness the humpback whales cavorting in the distance. This is the view from your own lanai. Here, you will find a quiet, relaxed and scenic Hawaiian atmosphere. This is your home in paradise...Enjoy some of the best snorkeling and swimming on Maui in Honokeana Bay. Multi-colored coral and countless tropical fish and sea turtles await you in the Bay - literally just steps outside your door. It's like an aquarium except that it's entirely natural and you swim among the fish and coral instead of looking through a window! At the tip of our "point" you will find tide pools filled with crabs, tiny hatchling tropical fish and countless other species to investigate. It's a great place to enjoy the natural beauty of the sea while only getting your feet wet! As a value rental program guest, you will enjoy the following amenities: Daily Housekeeping Service, Full Kitchen, Washer & Dryer, Hair Dryer, Lanai with Ocean View, Color TV with DVD Player, In-room Safe Two Swimming Pools, BBQs and Picnic Areas, Weekly Nature Walk, Pineapple Cutting Demonstration, Free WiFI and Broadband internet available. For broadband, you just need to provide your laptop computer with an ITC Ethernet jack (the Ethernet cord is provided in each unit). BBQ: 5 gas and 1 charcoal - guests must provide their own charcoal and lighter fluid. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Napili Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Point Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Point Lahaina
- Napili Point Resort Maui/Lahaina