“Location, location, location”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Salisbury MD
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

In the evenings we enjoy walking and poking into shops, reataurants, museums, bars that have some really great local bands. Lahaina Shores is at the beginning of a lovely walk along the water where you will find all of these fun things to do. There are also several walking tours available.
Lahaina Shores is so much nicer than the larger, boxier condos in other areas. The one we stayed in was kind of retro, very large and clean. I definetly recomment ocean view. The large verandahs are so peaceful and beautiful at night and in the morning for the first cup of coffee!
The staff couldn't have been nicer and more helpful!
Because we were on a 4 island, 15 day vacation this location was ideal as it had laundry facilities on several floors.
If you aren't into the huge condo complexes or the 5 star , expensive hotels this is the place for you!

Mahalo and aloha

Room Tip: Oceanside, for sure!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Korean first
portland or
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I will start by saying that I do not own a condo at Lahaina shores I have stayed here over 15 times ( in different rooms but all on the oceanside) in the last 3 years mostly long weekends from the West Coast.
The main complaints fall into 2 categories the construction noise and the room condition. The main remodeling construction of the lobby area and the external structure is now over so the construction is now contained to individual rooms
The problem with the rooms are that they are all privately owned and as such are in very different condition. Some are great some are terrible.I am sure most people are shocked when they get to there room after looking at the lobby they probably think they stepped into a different hotel. The lobby area and furnishings do not honestly represent the room space and furnishings you will stay in, in most cases.
In an attempt to correct the this disparity between the lobby and the rooms the ownership have made it mandatory to upgrade rooms for people in the rental pool , this will fix the problem but in the meantime there will be construction noise in individual rooms as they are being remodeled. I have stayed while a room close by was being remodeled and the noise was not that bad but then again I am in Hawaii so I spend most of my time on the beach during the day not in my room.
In conclusion I would say that Lahaina Shores is a great place to stay, the alternatives are huge resorts that give you the feeling you could be in any place in the world . I would suggest 2 things, first call the front desk directly before you arrive to make sure you are getting the room you want ,( they also have slightly higher priced rooms that have already been remodeled ). You can also book the rooms from the owners directly at VRBO and these tend to be nicer rooms but are also usually a bit more expensive as they charge a cleaning deposit. I think it worth it to spend a bit extra to go home with great memories as opposed to the people that commented on how bad their room experiences were.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank d j
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 24 January 2012

The pics of this Hotel doesn't compare to when you see it in person. We walked in our room we had a spectacular view of the mountains. The sliding door was open we were so excited we were taking pics with our cell phones and texting our family and friends back home. Yes to make them jealous. ha-ha

The housekeeping ladies were so sweet. We had a studio with King bed. We originally were suppose to have 2 twins but we didn't care. The bed is comfy.

Everything is within walking distance. Would definitely return. Actually can't wait to return I will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mustanggirl57
Gresham, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My wife and I spent 3 days at Lahaina Shores last week and it was wonderful. To be able to sit on the balcony first thing in the morning and watch the Maui day begin was a great way to start my day. We opted for the ocean view room and it was well worth it! The sunsets were amazing and a clever eye could spot whales spouting and breaching off shore! The room was nothing fantastic; a studio room #409 was very basic and a little run down. The carpets and décor were old and it was not a pristine environment.
The location was superb, the ability to walk to shops, restaurants and other manner of entertainment was all there at your feet. To us it was “Just right”
So my rating is for the whole experience that staying at Lahaina Shores provided, not just the room itself. We would not hesitate to stay there again!

Room Tip: Most, if not all units are privately owned and furnished by the owners so some will definitely be ni...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shane K
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2012

This is the 2nd time I've stayed and fantastic yet again! I have travelled alot and am very picky. I can tell you that this place is great! The staff is nothing less than exceptional and some have been there 20 years! The location is incredible and quiet. The room rates are reasonable and everything within walking distance. It's a hidden gem. Bravo, good job. We'll be coming again next year!

Room Tip: higher floors have better view. Both mountain and ocean views are great. Can spot whales from ocean...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank francesca790
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
6.6 km away
#1 of 3 in Kihei
7.6 km away
Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Lahaina

Been to Lahaina Shores Beach Resort? Share your experiences!