“FUN VACATION ATMOSPHERE BUT LACKING IN CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Ranked #80 of 286 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Ate here with visiting relatives because of the great views and fun atmosphere. Food is decent with large portions. Typically priced for the area. The service was very disappointing. Once our food was delivered, was the last time we saw our waiter until it was time to pay the bill.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,430)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I would not recommend wasting time eating at this restaurant. I went there with my family. The host indicated our wait would be only 25 minutes however after 50 minutes they indicated my reservation was a phone reservation and I would need to wait another 20 minutes or so. I told him we did not call in the reservation and he was the one to book us live at the booth. He got tired of listening to us complain and sent us down to the ‘Stop Here” area. Once we got in they sat us a the ‘wind tunnel’ table. Nothing was staying put on the table and our hair was whipping into our face. We moved to another table and they tried to seat 3 other families at the same table who also moved. After ordering the waitress indicated the kitchen was behind schedule and it would take more time to get our food. I asked why we were not told that when we made our reservation with the host booth. The manager at the restaurant was not effective. She finally came to our table and we told her we were not pleased and explained why. She said their internet went down and that caused the issue with our reservation. While we were waiting for our food another family left because the food took so long. They waitress and her fellow assistants were shocked that they left but I was not. We did not get an apology nor anything off our meal. My 10 year old asked if there was any way to give zero stars for the rating on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I should have had my head examined for stopping here at lunch. The food here is the same at any Bubba Gump's anywhere in any shopping center. The scenery along Front street was nice and the view was very good but in the end its still Bubba Gump's.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Bit of a wait to get in but they text you when your table is ready so you can visit the shops while waiting. We had a surf side table on a rainy day but the views were still great. We ordered Caesar salads and Forrest Gumps favourite platter to share. Deep fried battered shrimps were the best part along with the battered white fish. All quite yummy. There was a lot of staff but they seemed short staffed or just disorganized. Service just ok. Food pretty good. Fun to see all the movie memorabilia. Landrys membership card accepted here for points. We would probably return on another trip.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We stopped in Bubba Gump Shrimp for snack and tried a new item off the appetizers menu and they were great. Can't remember the exact name but they had shrimp and bacon inside a tater tot. Got 8 in an order and the dipping sauce was really good too. Would order them again. Had some fun and different things that you don't see at other places. Like if you want or need something you flip a sign at your table fro "Run Forrest Run" to "Stop Forrest Stop". Menu was interesting since they had pictures from the movie in them too.